Forums

Help › Forums

Black Friday sale?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:00 AM (6 replies)
  • dacrash
    475 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 9:41 AM

I saw a news article and a pop up advertising a "Black Friday" sale.  All I can find is that the R1 is available at level 93 again.  Am I missing something, is my definition of "Black Friday" different than other peoples, or is it just a play on words for the black shafted driver?

Got my hopes up only to have them dashed against the rocks.  LIFE!

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 9:53 AM

You're right.

To be consistent with the real-world Black Friday, they should have raised the price by 50% over the past 3 months, and then offered a 30% discount on it today.

Rookies....

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:00 AM

NOT TOO LATE WGT.  Cyber Monday on errrrr Monday.

How about discounts across the board in the Pro Shop just for this day. A 30% discount on all balls would be a nice touch. Loads would buy/and gift if promoted right.

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:23 AM

Agreed! It's black friday, wgt you should be putting many things on sale in the pro shop. Just proves how there is no customer appreciation here and they are just greedy!

Wow a black driver haha. Come on wgt you can do better.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:38 AM

True or untrue? In USA and other countries, Black Friday = the day after Thanksgiving = the start of Christmas sales = the strongest sales day in the USA? This would make WGT's sales announcement logical.

But, can you imagine Black Friday without Thanksgiving? This is just now happening here in Germany. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, we'd rather think of "Erntedank" which has the same origin. A common date of this is the first Sunday in October.

Imagine my surprise when I received two mail ads from different German sources today announcing "Black Friday" sales. It looks like we'll have to deal with this in future in the same way as Halloween - unknown in my youth, even in my sons' childhood but quite popular now.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 10:48 AM

slotomania and farmville offer way more lol

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2013 11:00 AM

We followed suit in Chile with Cyber Monday, but we had it earlier this week.

I'm happy got a new laptop and a tablet for very good discounts.

Now, if I can just stock up on some Calls for the holiday period at a decent discount. You know, I wouldn't feel so bad about putting 1 in 3 in the drink.

Maybe we can overload the forums with Cyber Monday requests. That way they can't ignore us.

RSS