Forums

Help › Forums

Average changes for beating a higher tiered player ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:11 AM (6 replies)
  • lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2013 3:52 PM

Average changes for beating a Higher tiered player in scored Match Play games.?

Does the above still apply.

I ask this as I am a new Legend player, and have played a friend  who is at Master level,with an Average of 64.00. He has been at that level for a very long time now with no change whatsoever to his Average , even though he has beaten me a few times, both when I was a Tour Master, & now a Legend. this was in Scored Match Play games

I was actually tiered up to Legend by beating a Legend in scored  Match Play games.just a couple of weeks ago.

Some players have told me this no longer applies, so Please WGT can you  enlighten me.

Len    thx

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2013 10:01 PM

It may be that only Challenge match-play games now count towards progression. A few people have suggested this lately.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 12:37 AM

Len, I see that your progression has been less than 2 weeks ago - my congrats!

In order to sort some facts, please allow for some curious questions:

you played friendlies then against your friend R, or credit matches?

You play friendlies against your TM friend, don't you?

Happy games!

• lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:20 AM

To Courteneyfish  & Alosso  

Thx for replies. and   Thank you for Congrats (  finding it Hard but Gr8 Fun )

I do play lots of games with R from South Africa  he has internet probs which can cause crashes , and or Very slow Load, and as a consequence doesnt get many invites Except from Good Friends

The games are almost Always Scored or Ranked games very very few have been practise.

I consider all my games friendlies and  as Fun games,and I dont take the game seriously, we play and have a good laugh, especially since joining   The Seniors Club   a gr8 bunch to play with.                                                                                                                

To WGT   

It seems odd that  after beating legends  when I was a TM my Average dropped, and I was tiered up.. That when a M  level beat me Fair and square, both as a TM and more recently as a Legend that his Average stays the same.

I am not complaining,,just would like to understand why .   Cheers  \=/

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 7:50 AM

Thx for your reply. I'm always curious about these special conditions, but WGT won't say a word, for a good reason. From your talk and from former reports (see Courteney's reply) which reach further back than your recent promotion I have the idea that the conditions aren't fixed any more but applied on a random or other on/off principle.

One thing is undoubted (until now): These special effects are limited to tiers up to Tour Master. Legends do not experience any change on other games than strokeplay.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 8:47 AM

It might also have something to do with your history with this particular player, like being one of the named ones in your Match Play history as opposed to just being a Master.

• lencraddy
    1,927 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2013 9:11 AM

To  Alosso  & Yankeejim  

Once again Thank you for the replies,

As you suggest it seems that it is just a random thing rather than being set in stone.

I know that you both Know  a lot of what goes on and why in WGT land ,and I respect your answers, I also enjoy reading your Posts in these Forums.

Hope to get a game with each / either of you one fine day  Cheers

Len

RSS