Forums

Help › Forums

Legend vs Master vs Pro

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 3 2014 9:58 PM (1 replies)
  • esty26
    425 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 7:06 PM

Just looking for some generalized feedback. I am setting up a cc alt shot tourney and trying to even out the teams as best I can. 

A legend shooting 67 is probably better than a Master shooting 66 who is probably better than a pro shooting 65. Would there be a number I could add to each level to come to a generalized average score?

i.e. add 6 strokes to pro average to get him to a legend average. add 3 strokes to a master. If I was to just pair averages it would be totally unfair.

For example: 66 Legend, 65 Master, 64 Pro, 63 Legend

If I pair high and low score together it would be  Legend 66 & 63 vs Master 65 & Pro 64.

However if add a number to the lower tiers such as +3 to master & +6 to pro the matchups would be Legend 64 & Pro 71(65+6) vs Legend 66 & Master 69(66+3) which would seem more fair.

Wondering if anyone who has gone through the ranks has a better general understanding of how the scores and tiers match up. 

Esty

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2014 9:58 PM

Alt-Shot Tourneys can be a nightmare in a CC. Getting 4 people to arrange a time to play is hard enough. I can't think of a fool-proof way to do a handicap system but an easy one would be to number Hacks as 1, Amateurs as 2, all the way up to Tour Legends at 8. Then choose a max number for each team. 

RSS