Forums

Help › Forums

Glossopade RIP

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:22 AM (8 replies)
  • PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 3:34 PM

Some of you will know this chap, and others would have read a few posts on here.

Terribly sad news is Adrian passed away just before Christmas.

He was a great player in our country club, and not so old.

Thanks mate and rest in peace.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 3:55 PM

Thoughts go to his friends and family at this sad time......

RIP Ade.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 7:25 PM

Damn!  terrible news.  I didn't know him on here by friends list but I do know of him.

It's one thing that actually worries me,  if something were to happen to me that no one would ever know about it.  I know for sure that my wife wouldn't know how to get on and say anything in my regards.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. May the balls have infinite durability on the other side.

I'm afraid for the friends I have made here that I know where either older or has an illness that is destined for an early grave that I have not seen online in a long time nor have they posted a score in a long while. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:59 PM

That is terrible news. Thoughts to his family and friends. 

Personally never played with him but knew him as a forum contributor as was a good bloke. I know he loved his football, and would speak his mind - admirable qualities.

I agree if something happened to me, I too would just disappear as the missus would not log on unless I left instructions.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2014 12:15 AM

That's sad news, Ade was the very first to congratulate me when i made Legend and l played my first game with him at that tier.

Thoughts are with his family, R.I.P Ade!

• ScottHope
    10,361 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2014 1:28 AM

I didn't know him or play any matches but condolences to his friends and family,    R.I P.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2014 1:36 AM

I join in the condolences to his family and friends.         

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Jan 11 2014 1:30 PM

lickspittle sent me a link that best remembers the chap.

He was a die hard football (soccer) fan and supported Man City, but he supported his non-league side more - hence his username.

Fitting tribute I think:

http://www.glossopnorthendafc.co.uk/club-news/club-stalwart-adrian-priestley-passes-away/

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:22 AM

Sad news for his family and friends.

May he rest in peace.

bladelad

RSS