Forums

Help › Forums

Golf channel trailer for WGT

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:38 AM (51 replies)
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:15 AM

What game are they playing here??  Why would you falsely advertise this game like that?

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:02 AM

I like that, where would i find it?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 9:28 AM

That may be the reason nothing is getting fixed!  Too busy getting the 3D version of the game operational (for advertising)!

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:34 AM

DaddysKat:

That may be the reason nothing is getting fixed!  Too busy getting the 3D version of the game operational (for advertising)!

No clue,,, but this is what they are showing on the Golf Channel everyday. Now they even have a new one. Same game play as this video.

Seriously misleading people for sure. Done had two players already asking me where do they play this game in the video?

LOL.... who knows?  The minute you thought you seen it all here...... we always get another surprise.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:41 AM

I suppose depending on your viewpoint this could be classified as either poetic license or as blatant misrepresentation.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:43 AM

Maybe too busy trying to improve the IOS version of Mobile and get the Android version of mobile ready to release.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:48 AM

borntobesting:

Maybe too busy trying to improve the IOS version of Mobile and get the Android version of mobile ready to release.

??  Missed you on that one. The Mobile versions of this game look like that?

It says play at WGT.com,,, this is WGT.com...lol. I don't see any game anything like that here.

Had a player yesterday asking where does he play that game...lol He said he came to WGT.com. He said he can't find the same game as in trailer.

He said he would love to play that one,,,, because this one doesn't look nearly as good. I told him this was the only game here..... he was not happy.

Personally i thought it was funny as hell......lmao!

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:52 AM

not much different than bogus advertitsing that states our product is better 

question is - at what? than what? better than it was 2 min ago? last week? better than nothing? 

vague and misleading is apparently acceptable since day one of humanity.

hell- even smoking was supposed to be good for you back in the day - toasted tobacco was all the rage lol

is what it is i guess - sad but true

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 11:12 AM

duffer19:

not much different than bogus advertitsing that states our product is better 

question is - at what? than what? better than it was 2 min ago? last week? better than nothing? 

vague and misleading is apparently acceptable since day one of humanity.

hell- even smoking was supposed to be good for you back in the day - toasted tobacco was all the rage lol

is what it is i guess - sad but true

Yeah Duffer... it seems it is what it is all the time here on this site mate. I don't know much about websites or the internet really. This is the first game i ever played on the internet.

Since my time here seems misleading information happens regularly. Crazy if ask me. Here where i live things like that could have you in a spot that i promise you would not like.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 11:12 AM

duff, I was thinking the same thing...I don't think it's too cynical to realize that this is typical of all advertising.  The whole point is to attract attention and to draw in potential consumers.  Some won't take the bait, some will and then won't stick around because it's not the same as it is in the ad, but enough will stay around/consume the product to make it worthwhile for the vendor.

It's all just a matter of how delectable the fly looks and how skillfully the fisherman dances it over the trout stream.

;-)

RSS