Advancing to a new tier

Thu, Jul 11 2024 4:26 PM (326 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,461 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2023 2:06 PM

Bedylan:

How do you get from TL to Champion

I'm level 115 with 59.36 avg and 1089 ranked rounds played

A TL needs to play a minimum of 750 ranked (scored) rounds, at TL level, and obtain an avg of 59 or lower.

The number of rounds required is not cumulative. Therefore, at TL, you would need to play the 750 rounds and obtain an avg of 59 or lower.

• Squatch031
    193 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 8:47 AM

I have been playing for about 14 months and have made it to the Legend level.  What I do not understand is what benefit there is to going beyond Legend since I am now at the maximum tee distance and once achieving level 99, I will have access to all the equipment I desire.  Why would anyone work to get beyond Legend?  Is it ego or status symbol?

• BlackBogey
    445 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 10:03 AM

Squatch031:

I have been playing for about 14 months and have made it to the Legend level.  What I do not understand is what benefit there is to going beyond Legend since I am now at the maximum tee distance and once achieving level 99, I will have access to all the equipment I desire.  Why would anyone work to get beyond Legend?  Is it ego or status symbol?

You are correct that there are currently no real "benefits" of going past Legend and Level 102, although some of the higher Tier tournaments do seem to offer higher payouts. I guess by your logic you could also say there are no real benefits of going past Tour Master either (shorter tees, less wind, slower greens) and level 102 (best equipment).

I work to go beyond just simply because I want to see just how good i can become.  I'm probably never going to be as good as the "big dogs", but that doesn't mean I don't want to get as good as I can.

• HamdenPro
    2,461 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 10:31 AM

Squatch031:
    Is it ego or status symbol?

Wow, are those the only two choices?

I, for one, became a TL by accident. 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,892 Posts
    Wed, Dec 6 2023 7:44 PM

Fist2k8:
    I played a 9 hole round yesterday in the coin room and won and suddenly for no apparent reason LEVEL UP and it promoted me to Tour Master.

Good for you! TM's are the hardest to beat in Head to Head competition. I have to give every TM mega yards off the tee, and they play with the same clubs and balls I do.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,892 Posts
    Wed, Dec 6 2023 7:48 PM

Squatch031:
    I have been playing for about 14 months and have made it to the Legend level.  What I do not understand is what benefit there is to going beyond Legend since I am now at the maximum tee distance and once achieving level 99

Actually you're losing by making Legend. In Head to Head competition, the player who's a TM is at the peak of the game.

I agree you're at the maximum tee distance, but not the hardest green speed. (Maybe?)

In competition, C's and TC's play at Champion green speed (13).

• bossbird
    2,218 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 11:02 PM

When I , a tour legend play alt shot , we always get green speed 13. It’s a shame this cannot be dictated when setting the game rather than based on my level . It’s off putting for lower tiers to play when faced with speed 13, and the closer tee for them doesn’t compensate .

• bossbird
    2,218 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 11:02 PM

When I , a tour legend play alt shot , we always get green speed 13. It’s a shame this cannot be dictated when setting the game rather than based on my level . It’s off putting for lower tiers to play when faced with speed 13, and the closer tee for them doesn’t compensate .

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,892 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2023 11:13 PM

bossbird:

This is so true. I don't play alt shot because of it.

RSS