Help › Forums

Legends are less

Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:26 PM (38 replies)
  • TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:46 PM

SweetiePie:
    I feel honored to be a Legend.

That makes one of us. Not only do I feel undeserving, I feel embarrassed to hold the title with my game as of late. Now, don't be mislead into thinking I take pride in my game, well in this game, because it's only that. A game. I'm simply saying WGT's habit of "shoot first and ask questions later" is getting really old quick.

TMPC

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:18 PM

I only made it to tour master..I would like to see the legends get a club that would hit it atleast 290..I know the tour avg is about 275..but this is a game..cant we have the avg of say the top 25 or so PGA pros for the legend players?

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:06 AM

Yes,

A longer driver would be a great start...but since when is WGT concerned with their customers?

Well I'm sure they'll have a new driver soon...guess how much it will cost? My guess...1600-1800 credits.

TMPC

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:32 AM

I got 20K credits for a longer driver, iron set and 3 wood, but unfortunately I will have to wait 3yrs to reach the appropriate level for them.  I said from the beginning, I hate level based equip upgrades.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:19 AM

A new driver won't do me any good if it has a meter speed and unforgiveness of an R9 or worse.

I have an R9 locked in a closet because its had affairs with the fescue at St. Andrews, the hard bunkers at Kiawah, the deep weeds and church bunkers of Oak, and the trees at BPB. 

I can live without a 300+ yd driver.  A 299yd Rapture tho...........gotta have one. LOL

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:27 AM

TextMyPC:
    A longer driver would be a great start...but since when is WGT concerned with their customers?

This is ironic. Yesterday, using the 270yard, G10, from the black tees, I caught one that went 400 yards...almost...399.93, to be exact...

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:54 AM

I've hit a 401yd drive, with a 30mph wind behind on StA, I've also hit  drives well under 250 yds into the wind. What's your point? 

Everyone catches one with the right circumstances once in a while, but the 270yd avg is too short from the back tees.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:07 AM

SP, when you are averaging 399.93yds let me know.  When I cant reach the 5ft wide fairway in a headwind on STA with the SUPERTRI there is a problem.  When I tag a drive on Kia #18 and have 224 left, there is a problem.  I am sure it will just be time before I get used to it, but there are very few real pros these days that can only hit a PW 115yds.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:38 AM

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but I get the feeling some people are too busy complaining about how difficult it now is, than actually getting out there and playing.

So far with the drive on St Andrews 4, I'm consistently finding the little strip of fairway. It's the 2nd shot that/s causing the problems. Tending to either come up just short, or going way too far, but guess I'll get it worked out eventually.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:14 AM

gobbog:
    What's your point? 

I suppose the point is that it didn't go far enough...I needed another 6 inches to earn the Diamond longest drive award...boo whoo...I didn't make the birdie either.

RSS