Forums

Help › Forums

Legends are less

Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:26 PM (38 replies)
  • craiger85
    47 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:36 AM

TurkishTerror:

Fu@# this godamn bullsh$%!!!!  How can I beat other Masters in match play challenges when my tees are 20-50yrds further back!!!!!  I came back after taking a break off this game.  This is horsesh$%. 

WHERE IS MY 350 YRD DRIVER????? HUH WHERE IS IT GODAMNIT?? WHERE IS MY LEGEND FU*&ING DRIVER WGT A$HOL#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HORSESH%^ !!  HORSESH^& 

Serenity now?

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 11:56 PM

Hoochie mama!!!   Hoochie mama!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:24 AM

TT, why do you want a 350 yard driver, so things can go back to the way they were for the top players?

Maybe WGT will give you your driver, and then start a whole new set of tiers and levels. I understand a longer distance driver is needed for the legends tier, but a 350 yard driver? Come on.

I'm reminded of Tommy Boy, "TT want dri...ver!"  LOL!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:56 PM

Frankly I don't have any issue with drivers or distances, that just makes it more of a challenge.  Having a 200 yard shot in to a par 4 is a real good play, makes it tough not like a pitch and putt.  What I don't like is green speed that makes it so you can't play.  I have played many tournament courses and rarely do you have a 5 foot putt that you have to lag, even uphill.  The green speed needs to be geared back a little.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:17 PM

For me, it seems to have come full circle. I am now hitting the same approach shots that I had as a hack...with an exception, the greens allow no birdies or spin. I am back in the future. Very boring. No fun.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 7:26 PM

I look at it this way......

My scorecard now allows me to have a little appreciation for different shapes.... mostly squares :D

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:54 AM

SweetiePie:
    I feel honored to be a Legend. I appreciate the challange of the black tees and the rock hard, lightening fast greens. I like the fact that I have earned the privledge to try to learn to play and, with time, do well on them. I suppose it will take much time to do so, and I except that. Am I in love with the change? I just keep it simple as ever...hit the fairway, hit the green, make a good putt. Give it time. See where it goes.

Good for you SP, you are proof positive there is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Hoponu2
    14 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:27 AM

Its all about controlling our scores, I think they should just give us a roulette wheel an spin it for our score, save us time, cause we wont be wasting our time for a game thats crap. I play for the fun of it, dont play any tournament except a few closest to the pin ones, dont wanna play any others. I have been marking down every round ive started to see how they are controlling the game an have found the same routine everytime, if you have 2under for the first 3 holes, the mext 3 holes will give you 20 to 30 mph wins in your face so yo uhave no chance of birding an mostly will bogey so they can take away your birdies....to me this is just wgt's new score control, only those who are buddy, buddy with them will get winds in there favor while the rest of us take the shalf. Thank you WGT for ruining a fun game.....BUT NEXT TIME YA SCREW US PLEASE PLEASE USE SOME KY, DAM ITS SOOOOOOOOOOO HARD TO SIT NOW

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:26 PM

Your answer my friend is blowing in the wind, your answer is blowing in the wind.

So you're saying only the people near and dear to the wgt staff will have favourable winds. And the rest of us (especially those who start off with a few birdies) are p i s s i n g against the wind........Interesting!

Nice heads up Hop, now its been exposed  hopefully someone will take the appropriate action . The sooner we eradicate this type of under handed behavior the better. I know that scoring control has been abolished in all of the south American countries and some of the African nations. Lets hope the North American score control governing body gets it act together....soon.

RSS