Forums

Help › Forums

ok this rocks

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:11 AM (37 replies)
  • 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 12:52 PM

Tell him welcome to midlife crisis :-). I know...i like that car 2 ....i'm like out of my 40's almost....

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 12:56 PM

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:01 PM

Was that "The Stig" driving the Yaris, Paul?

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:19 PM

DaddysKat:

sweetmiffy:
    Dad said when I get my degree he will buy me a car and it will be a Toyota Yaris which is very very cute!

My uncle bought me a used Prius when I went off to Oregon for college.  A few months ago he took it back and gave it to his oldest son, who gave his Camry to his younger brother.

A bit of searching and I got a new Chevy Avalanche.  It's not the economy car the Prius was, but I do love how it works with my dogs!

What's a prius? You have dogs? I wish I had a dog!

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:22 PM

7thwave:

Tell him welcome to midlife crisis :-). I know...i like that car 2 ....i'm like out of my 40's almost....

Hi 7

Dad is 46 so i don't know what you mean about midlife crisis. But yah, the car is like totally cool!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:35 PM

sweetmiffy:
    I wish I had a dog!

Adopt a virtual pet

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:41 PM

WOW Sweetmiffy, I did not know your dad and I were so old, being in our forties. Enjoy the new ride. I'm thinking about a new stang for my midlife crises. (Rouse stage 3). What ya think?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:56 PM

sweetmiffy:
    What's a prius? You have dogs? I wish I had a dog!

A Prius is a Toyota ... like the Yaris, only slower!  Great gas mileage though, since it's a Hybrid.

I have 3 dogs I adopted in June last year.  A mom, whose a Border Collie, a dad, whose a Mini Australian Sheppard and their son, whose a Mini Border-Aussie.  All of them are bright, it's just the youngest one is spoiled rotten ... he thinks it's his house and he's just letting me live there!

The father and son are both Blue Merle and compete in Agility and Flyball.  The mom ... she wants to herd stuff, and chases the neighbor's geese off my property all the time!  She's such a sweetie ... just loves everyone.

Anyway, dogs are a big responsibility ... and you have to be the one in charge ... otherwise they'll become psychotic and get in lots and lots of trouble.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:58 PM

lonnieskinner:

WOW Sweetmiffy, I did not know your dad and I were so old, being in our forties. Enjoy the new ride. I'm thinking about a new stang for my midlife crises. (Rouse stage 3). What ya think?

Why a Mustang ... you're now old enough to have a Corvette!  That's truly a FOP car, IMO.  Mustangs are more for girls!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2014 2:20 PM

I would give both of my sand danglers to have any of my first 4 cars back.

1. 1960 Impala

2. 1963 Impala SS 409

3. 1967 Camaro SS/RS

4. 1970 Chevelle 454

Driving my 10th Impala at present. A 2010 Impala LTZ. A very unusual one at that, no bucket seats, split front bench with the shifter on the column. I special ordered it when I still had a job. The leather interior was not factory stock. It was done by a custom shop in Cincinnati Ohio. Now it is just an old mans car with 135k miles on it. More than likely the last car I will ever own. I still have my 1983 4x4 long bed pickup. I took my best friend to buy it new. He died in 1999 of a heart attack about 12 hours after our last 18 holes we played. It is a long bed with factory 454, currently has 73k  miles. But that little foreign job looks like fun. Only foreign car I ever owned was a 1983 RX7 with the B13 motor. That little jewel was fun. Baddest 3rd gear I have ever seen, 125mph and still begging for more. Just be careful Sweetness. And I have my chocolate lab, 15 mos old named Coco, my 2 squirrels, my lion head rabbit and old stepper, my 27 lb Mainecoon cat. What more could a man dream of. 

RSS