Forums

Help › Forums

So....

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 4 2014 7:18 PM (46 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:43 PM

3 sleeves going to 1st 3 who post answers to next three questions, not necessarily what I think are the best but what would be in most ppl's  top 30...

All subjective of course, no definitive answers..

Best quote..

Best book read..

Best car..

Off the top of my head..in order

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be"

Of Mice and Men..

Lotus esprit cerca 1976

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:51 PM

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new"

Atlas shrugged

1969 Pontiac GTO

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:53 PM

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species."  (Christopher Hitchens)

Lolita (Vladimir Nabokov)

1957 Chevy convertible

• robnov
    143 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 5:54 PM

#1 - Dirty Harry movie. "Do you feel lucky, well do ya punk" ?                                                        #2 - Hustler and / or Playboy.                                                                                                               #3 - Chevrolet Corvette. (Any year ).                                                                                                                          I may not have won Andy but i finally tried answering one of your posts,lol.  Cya on the courses. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:03 PM

mkg335:
    "The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species."  (Christopher Hitchens)

1st winner...never heard that before but sounds like Christopher had a read on us homo sapiens.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:06 PM

FYI, European, so american cars were not on my radar @ 10 years old :)))

( there was one that was though, and many more now.)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:10 PM

Best quote.. "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - JFK

Best book read.. Charlotte's Web

Best car.. Ferrari 308 GTS :))))

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:11 PM

alcaucin:

mkg335:

1st winner...never heard that before but sounds like Christopher had a read on us homo sapiens.

Andy, he was one of the greats (recently passed).  Type his name into a youtube search and sit back and enjoy some of his debates and interviews...and I can say the same for Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and Sam Harris.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:12 PM

robnov:
       I may not have won Andy but i finally tried answering one of your posts,lol.  Cya on the courses. 

You didn't Rob, but looking forward to our next match..

Sleeve sent anyway just cause I like ya  LOL

2 left....

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2014 6:16 PM

Here's the 1957 Chevy Bel Air convertible:  (and tyvm for the sleeve!)

RSS