Help › Forums

Change of Guards upcoming

Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:13 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 7:18 AM

Have you noticed?

Famous Mr. JJ is just above 10,000 crs short of famous Mr. B in career earnings, a new leader is due in a few days probably.

My kudos to both for their outstanding achievements in this game!

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 8:57 AM

Noticed last week that he was right on me heels and decided to put up a little fight in the takeover.  No way I could keep up with the likes of JJ and sebicu longterm, not sure how they do it :)  Might be able to hold him off a few more days but a golf trip to vegas next week will certainly allow him to pass me.

Kinda neat that Avlee who I took the spot from was born/lived in the same MN city I currently live in, and it will be going to a fellow minnesotan JJ.

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 9:53 AM

Mr. BB;   Would you be so kind as to ID the two in your profile picture?   Congratulations on your achievements and keep that magic finger warm.   See you in the "Hall of Fame".   --   just dandy

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 10:04 AM

It's Arnold Palmer on the left, me on the right at Sawgrass a couple years back.  A fellow CC member pgabound won the Kettle One tourney on wgt and brought mrenn, bulfrog and I along for the trip.  Will always be in debt to pgabound for that, was an amazing weekend. 

• dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 10:31 AM

Congratulations to JJ for his soon to be accomplishment. Outstanding dedication! I agree with Sam, I don't know how they do it but more power to them.

However I still think Sam is the greatest player to have ever played this game. Bar none!

Have a great day you all ;)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 10:55 AM

^  agree

BolloxInBruges:
    Kinda neat that Avlee who I took the spot from was born/lived in the same MN city I currently live in, and it will be going to a fellow minnesotan JJ.

Is it cold there? That may give them more indoor play time. 

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:04 AM

TY "BB"    I find reading some history about great players on WGT very interesting.   --  just dandy

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:34 AM

dansamcam:
    However I still think Sam is the greatest player to have ever played this game. Bar none!

I dunno 'bout that, good sir.  This fellow SoCal golfer thinks it's one just down the road...   ;)

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 12:06 PM

Dougie4042:

dansamcam:

I dunno 'bout that, good sir.  This fellow SoCal golfer thinks it's one just down the road...   ;)

Dan is no doubt a better player than me right now (he's prob best on the site imo), my hayday was the end of 09 thru about mid 2012.  Hardly played in 2013, maybe 300 rounds the whole year, mainly around the US open time.  Starting to round into form again a little bit from the recent RG grind, but still pretty inconsistent.

Was completely addicted to the game the first few years, got really good for a while there :)

Thanks for the compliment too Dan, means a lot coming from you.

• dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 12:18 PM

It's a no brainer Dougie. Look how many major prizes Sam has won over his career. Its going to be a long time before any player can ever achieve that again and your welcome Sam.

• PAGES
RSS