Forums

Help › Forums

Latest "improvements"

Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:55 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BuckD214
    10 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 3:38 PM

I'm confused. The Pro shop was fine & then it was "improved". Now it's a mess.  The Putting Grid was fine & then it was "improved".  Now it's not so fine.  Yet, one thing that really NEEDS improvement is neglected.  There are more complaints about the Shot Meter than just about any other aspect of this game, but nothing changes. Some days it works pretty well. Other days not so well.  I have a custom built desktop gaming rig & blazing broadband. (Ethernet cable not wi-fi). I run Ccleaner regularly & clear cache daily. I have the latest version of flash.  I use Maxthon 3, which works better than other browsers   ( I've tried them all), but, still, some days the meter is very annoying.  I have no problems with any other program on this system.  I run Microsoft Flight Simulator X at max settings which, I assure you, is waaaay more demanding than a little line sliding along the bottom of the screen.  So, what's the problem???????? There's no part of this game that's more important than a consistently smooth Shot Meter.  Can it be that difficult?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 4:28 PM

Totally wrong place to post this, It is no problem but you will catch hell. 

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2014 4:59 PM

the shot meter is what it is I guess. apparantly it is up to us to clean our computers and cache. I have learned that lesson long ago. the problem i have lately is multiplayer games, for quite some time i have patiently waited for another player to load so we could continue play. but for some reason today i find myself apologizing to the other players because my screen won`t load. i haven`t changed my plan with my provider and don`t want to point blame. is the problem on my end - if so i would welcome a solution. i don`t want to frustrate other players. thank you all.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:51 AM

Your connection to the Internet has no effect on how smooth the meter will be when you swing. WGT has no control over how the meter performs on your computer.

Flash Player Benchmark Test

The state of your computer, the state of the Flash Player cache, how many applications you have running in the background, how many tabs you have open, the state of your browsers cache, how many temporary Internet files are clogging up your computer, all factor in to how smooth the meter is when you play.

Optimizing Your WGT Experience

Your meter will be smoothest when the CPU in your computer is least busy. For many players that means pausing for a 3 to 5 count at the top of the back swing so the CPU has time to settle down.

Use Task Manager to advantage

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 9:27 AM

ApexPC:

Your connection to the Internet has no effect on how smooth the meter will be when you swing. WGT has no control over how the meter performs on your computer.

So say you Apex .... funny when I have an erratic meter I can often change my IP and/or  WGT servers and the meter will straighten up. But there is also the problem of CPU overload as you stated ... it's both/and, not either/or ...

WGT has no control over how the meter performs?

They programmed it so they clearly and certainly have control over how it performs.

Now whether they cause it to change speeds is a question that has been raised ...

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 10:38 AM

From the day i started on this site.Never had 1 problem,

Why BECAUSE I mantain my pc.....Dont blame wgt.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 11:55 AM

Here everyone goes............ How fast everyone forgets that not everyone here is getting the same game.

Haven't the events of the last couple days proven this?

Just because your game is running fine doesn't mean that someone else isn't having problems.

• vimse1952
    5 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:35 PM

<Until mid January I also had no problems with the game, but from mid January the Meter has been "jumping", so it was nearly impossible to play.

I have tried to change browser without success.

But changing the Meter from "3-click" to "Vertical Swing Meter" that helped. Since the change there has been no problems.

So it is not the players computers that are the problem, it is a problem with WGT.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 4:04 PM

Everybodies Puter is different.  If it's Wgt's fault then everyboy will have the same problems, well most of us do have the same Probs.   We have to do things at our end to try and stop meter probs and other things happening to make the game playable. There is quite a few things you can do.

I just ran that Flash Test.     I'm running Firefox at the moment and usually flip flop with different browsers when I have too many Probs with the game.

I failed the test with a score of 7537 ....   my meter runs pretty good most of the time with the occasional skip, which doesn't bother me. I also have a pretty old Puter running XP

So I think when you have a meter spike...  either Wgt or your puter with other programs, is loading stuff in at the same time you are taking a shot, causing the spike.

Edit....  I should say too, I have over 250 friends on my friends list

Just Saying

-Roger

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:19 PM

last night I only experienced problems in alternate shot games as stated above. I rebooted cleaned flash cookies and cleared cache and all was good. I only mentioned it in case other people were experiencing the same problem. I know the frustration of waiting for some other persons computer to load. Thanks for all the helpful info.

• PAGES
RSS