Latest "improvements"

Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:55 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:40 PM

jld51:

From the day i started on this site.Never had 1 problem,

Why BECAUSE I mantain my pc.....Dont blame wgt.

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 9:25 PM

jld51:

From the day i started on this site.Never had 1 problem,

Why BECAUSE I mantain my pc.....Dont blame wgt.

I maintain my computer daily also and the game constantly crashes in multiplayer games.  Meter is ok, but game is very unstable.

But just because you have no problems, does not mean that WGT is not to blame for other peoples issues.  Yes, maintaining your pc is paramount to getting good game results, however, it has been shown in other threads (see Release notes thread) that different players get different server feeds.  Perhaps you are one of the "chosen" and get the good server?

I sure hope you "mantain" your pc better than you communicate in writing.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 12:57 AM

Besides jld51's grammar, people can't play this game with a dial-up Internet connection and continually blame WGT for a poor meter and gaming performance.

People have been complaining about this game since it's inception and they refuse to put blame on their poor computer or Internet performance.

I am not sticking up for WGT, I'm merely pointing out a fact.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:09 AM

This, but also common inconsistencies which would imply that dozens of players around the world use the same computer and ISP.

FWIW, I try to avoid to clear the caches, and this is my latest workaround.

I was short of doing spring-cleaning last week when my meter would not seize to run amuck while I had to play the Transamerica. Instead, I changed to a cheaper ball (Tour-SD) and played it with smooth meter but mediocre result (ONLY due to the slippery greens ;) ). Back to my Callies afterwards, all is fine again. Mini cleaning *grins*

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 5:12 AM

Richard4168:

Besides jld51's grammar, people can't play this game with a dial-up Internet connection and continually blame WGT for a poor meter and gaming performance.

People have been complaining about this game since it's inception and they refuse to put blame on their poor computer or Internet performance.

I am not sticking up for WGT, I'm merely pointing out a fact.

You're giving us a "fact"................ Wake up buddy

The events of the last couple days, proves that different versions of the game are going different places.

Until you can say for certain that the users having problems are neglecting to maintain their computer.  You can't give us facts

The fact is wgt dropped the ball.  They did an update and it is not going well.  Any smart programmer would have issued a release of another maintenance going on and went back 4 days already.

It is almost impossible to play a multi player right now.

Have you had any replays in the last couple days.  Yeah............ good luck with that.

I did manage to play a multi late last night and 2 replays in the first 2 holes and we were all telling each other not to hit it that close anymore. 

Now tell me fact man, Is that just MY computer?  I didn't think so!

The fact is wgt feeds different versions all over the place.  So unless you are a "jumper" you can't give us anything but your "opinion"

• DStephenson451
    79 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 5:48 AM

Im having same problems with those replays it freezes up and this is a brand new computer

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 10:55 AM

The problem with the replays is caused by programming issues within the recent 'update' at WGT's end.

• PAGES
RSS