Forums

Help › Forums

LONGER BALL LIFE

Tue, Apr 15 2014 11:54 PM (61 replies)
  • deadheadkev
    41 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 6:18 AM

Don't know if anyone has ever posted this idea, but how about a ball retriever pole you can

purchase in the pro shop. You buy a one time pole and it increases the life of your balls by a

certain percentage. I know the many golfers out there would appreciate one and maybe

make the game a little more affordable to a lot.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 7:38 AM

deadheadkev:

Don't know if anyone has ever posted this idea, but how about a ball retriever pole you can

purchase in the pro shop. You buy a one time pole and it increases the life of your balls by a

certain percentage. I know the many golfers out there would appreciate one and maybe

make the game a little more affordable to a lot.

If it reduces income it's not going to happen, WGT are a business (some would say an incredibly greedy one but...) and aren't going to reduce their income without a balance. Therefore if they did this the retriever pole would have to cost more than would be saved (to pay for programmers time) therefore making it pointless, or another aspect of the game would have to have it's price increased.

This sounds hard but from my experience here WGT aren't in ANY way interested in helping those short of cash, apart that is from helping them part with that cash. Even the 'free' surveys and ads they make a profit on, I worked out for me those ads and surveys were paying me a LOT less than 1c an hour!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 8:30 AM

Many balls to choose from. Many possibilities for distance, spin, pace,etc. But even the $7 jobs are stuck at 2.5 life. WGT makes the word "skinflint" seem absolete. But in reflection, I guess more life wouldn't matter since they get snatched before natural expiration anyway.

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 9:18 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never worn out one of the free balls.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:14 AM

sarak362336:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never worn out one of the free balls.

Of course not. They wear you out...but you never need to trouble yourself with the red spin dot.

• TarheelsRule
    5,550 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:26 AM

WGT has an income model to protect.  You can bet if they increase the ball life they will increase the price as well.

I did a little figuring about ball life versus cost a few times and it steered me to the Callaway balls.  I'm not a huge fan of the Nike anyway, I have trouble getting a consistent shot in windy conditions with them.   Currently some of the 'mid level' Callaway balls seem to give you the best bang for you buck.

Playing the same ball a lot helps me in terms of meter speed and my reactions so once I'm set on one I'm hesitant to change.

• tramilleo
    1,883 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 11:13 AM

^^^^^^^^+1 I find i have more stable meter when i play wgt brand ball, seems like whenever i equip the Callaway, the meter and wind gauge go haywire, especially when i play in the weekly tournaments lol 

edit wgt you suck period and the shot manipulation is FRAUD period

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 1:28 AM

It looks like WGT has had plenty of feedback regarding the obvious gouge that a 2.5 ball life is for any sleeve of ZERO OVERHEAD (to WGT) balls costing over $5 bucks. Ergo, if WGT is such a money grub as to play the 'take it or leave it' game, then I'm in favor of hitting them back financially. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media can take things viral, and a bold faced WARNING about the total disregard for player satisfaction at WGT should put a dent in that precious bottom line. Are you listening, WGT? Your insult is wearing damn thin.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 6:43 AM

Chinajohn:
    I worked out for me those ads and surveys were paying me a LOT less than 1c an hour!

Nah, sorry, not buying that . I credit an hour, lol.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 9:27 AM

PaulTon:

Chinajohn:
    I worked out for me those ads and surveys were paying me a LOT less than 1c an hour!

Nah, sorry, not buying that . I credit an hour, lol.

Yep. Even if the ads on the carousel were a full minute per view  that still works out to almost 45 cents an hour after you subtract the seconds it takes to click in and out of them..

RSS