Forums

Help › Forums

Augusta

Mon, Apr 14 2014 12:47 PM (35 replies)
  • JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 1:40 AM

On Thursday -  Mickelson, Els and Rose play together. Should be a good one.

On Friday - Day, Johnson and Stenson play together. Another one to watch.

• BubbaSauce
    260 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 7:29 AM

I like the Day/Johnson/Stenson group myself. Day is playing pretty well, though Johnson shot an 80 in the first round at Houston and Stenson, they say, has never faired well at Augusta. Still, those are three guys that bear watching.

I'm not convinced Phil is going to do all that well this year at The Masters. His play has been so inconsistent this year, it doesn't bode well for a favorable result.

My personal favorite is Matt Kucher. I know he's blown sure wins two weeks in a row, but he's playing so well that if he's learned anything from his recent experiences, he should do very well.

Watch out for McElroy. He was hot last Sunday and could have won if he hadn't played so poorly on Thu/Fri.

FYI: All groups are the same on Thursdays and Fridays in PGA events. They just flip the starting time order. If you went early on Thursday, you go later on Friday. If you started on the 10th tee on Thursday, you start on the first tee on Friday.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 10:22 AM

Something is saying "Duffner" to me. Why? I dunno

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 2:36 PM

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 4:09 PM

After Bubba's 74 today to find himself in a 2 way tie with rookie Jordon Spieth, my uncle just bet me $5 ... he's taking Bubba and I've got the rookie.

For those of you who know how well I do with betting, it's pretty much a guarantee that Spieth will have a miserable round tomorrow.  Hopefully Bubba will get beyond those putts he left short today and win his 2nd green jacket ... but having the Texas rookie sneak out a win at Augusta wouldn't be too terrible either.

What could have been a runaway has now turned into an "anyone in the top 10" can win.   Augusta is a very difficult course!

• JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 4:28 PM

I think I'll go with Kuchar. He's just one behind. I think the rookie will crumble under the pressure. Bubba is also feeling the pressure. Kuchar played well today and I think he'll handle the pressure better not being in the final group. Jimenez would be an outside bet. I would love to see a European win it again.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:07 PM

My money is on Bubba.

While Bubba hits from the tee in a way that he does not always know where the ball is going to go, he has won the tournament before and that experience gives him an edge.

Still, young Jordan Spieth is playing well for his 1st Masters.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 6:25 PM

ApexPC:
    My money is on Bubba.

Then you'll be happy to know that when I bet on a player or team, it's like a curse!  Last year's NFL ... I placed 8 straight-up bets (including the super bowl) ... and not only did the team I bet on lose, they lost by a huge margin (Denver in the Stupidbowl).

I took Harris English over Ricky Fowler (and Ricky did pretty well, while English didn't even make the cut).  Since my uncle is a lefty (and Phil's out of it), he made me bet him ... he took Bubba and I took Spieth!  lol.)

We'll see if my hex holds out!  Maybe I should put money on the other players too (from Blixt to Senden).

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 10:53 PM

I'm loving this. Not only do you have potentially the youngest Masters champ tied for the lead, you've also got 2 potential oldest champs within 4 strokes. Add in Bubba, wild card Blixt. nice guy Kuchar, plus Fowler, Westwood, Furyk and a few others...I'll do my taxes on Monday, I'm busy Sunday.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 1:07 PM

spieth.......Meltdown!!!

RSS