Forums

Help › Forums

The 3 most difficult Greens

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 9 2010 4:38 PM (21 replies)
  • pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 5:21 AM

There's a lot of them, so I'm just listing a several difficult greens from each course:

Bethpage: Hole #4, 11, 15

Kiawah: Hole #2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9

St. Andrews: Hole #2, 11, 13, 14, 17, 18

Oakmont: Hole #1, 2, 9, 10, 12, 15, 18

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 5:54 AM

My 3 "uh oh - here's a bogey" seem to be

BPB 15 above the pin to my left looking at the hole,

Oakmont 9 past the hole facing that impossible ridge and

SA 15 in the roll off area at the front of the green with that huge up, then right to left swing

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 1:54 PM

I don't like the #2's at any course. The 1st at oakmont is also a pain for me.

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:43 PM

Has anyone ever birdied or eagled #15 Beth Page?

If you have and you saved it,  I would love to see it cause I've never come close to a birdy there yet.  It would be inspiring for sure to see that it can be done.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 9:57 AM

I made eagle on this hole in a multiplayer game so I couldn't save it.  The shot from about 175 yards rolled left and long and slowly rolled back and fell in the hole.  I think I have 3 or 4 birdies on it about half holed from off the green.

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 1:26 PM

# 15 @ BPB. it kills many a good round for me.Last weeks multi-round I played awful on the front and was +2 then caught fire on the back and had 5 straight birdies to go -3. Missed the green on 15 long and made a so so chip 5 putts later I was +1. 32 feet to the hole 3 foot downhill. The  way most of us deduct  1 foot for each inch of incline that would have made 32-36 or -4 foot. I had no clue how to putt it. 15 foot meter and moved the meter maybe 1/16 of an inch and still rocketed the ball past the hole. Then just made 4 more lousy putts the last one lucky enough to fall. I did ace the hole in CTTH play back in January but it was an awful shot pulled way up the hill. It was a damn. To  OHHHH wow it's going to be close to wow it's an ace.

# 8 @ St. Andrews, I just can't seem to read the green properly there. I have birdied it a few times but only when I hit very close.

# 8 @ Kia just another green that I can't seem to read. The only time I birdied it was when I missed the ding big time and then watched the ball track right into the hole. I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't play Oakmont enough to say except # 1 and # 9. The rest I just don't remember enough to say.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 1:35 PM

tjos:

If you have and you saved it,  I would love to see it cause I've never come close to a birdy there yet.  It would be inspiring for sure to see that it can be done.

I've made eagle on it, couldn't save it as it was made in a matchplay game :^(

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 2:32 PM

15 at BP, and yes I have made birdie there but very, very rare

2 at SA , approach never rolls down the hill but a tapped putt on the next shot rolls forever !

9 at Kiawah, this hole is just bugged no matter, and report after report its still bugged !!

1 at Oakmont, this hole is just nasty

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 6:25 PM

tjos:

saved replay in my profile.  i think it was back when i was playing with starter clubs, too.

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 3:58 AM

tjos:

AvatarLee made a monster of a putt here

cyl6:

St. Andrews #2 -  but the back pin is ridiculous. Land a long iron short, and it will careen away off the hill. Too short, and you're looking at double bogey from those mounds. 

Check this one

RSS