Forums

Help › Forums

The 3 most difficult Greens

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 9 2010 4:38 PM (21 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:24 PM

Everyone has there least favorites. Mine are BPB #15, #2 at Kiawah and all 18 greens at Oakmont...how about you?

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:30 PM

I think I would go with...

#9 at Oakmont as the very least, long is at least a 3 putt

#15 at Bethpage just not even close to fair, I have four putted from 2 feet

#2 at Kiawah if you are anywhere except 2 feet below the hole, same as above

and as a runner up

# 13 at St Andrews if the pin is in the right part of the green

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:53 PM

Not going for what I think are the hardest, but ones that just piss me off thinking birdie a given and walk away with par.  With that rational that is why #9 at Oak is not on it

#3 at Kia, anything further then 4ft from hole can leave dumb tricky putts

#7 at Kia, ever had that chip or putt for eagle from just past the hole tracking and then it just dives downhill

#6 at Kia, ever been pin high more then 5ft left of hole?

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:06 PM

Just my thoughts, with the tournament green speeds, BPB 15 is more of a birdie hole. Add about 20 yards to your shot (if it's 160 and over), hit full bs, and land it on the front left of the green. More often than not, you'll get a nice (prolonged) roll to something inside 6 ft for birdie, below the hole and to the right.  You can even "over-read" the break  -putts will actually go past the hole and come back down in for a 3.

My 3 least favorite:

Kia #3 (for the reasons Neil discussed, putts left of the hole are basically a coin flip)

Oakmont #12 (the long par 5 on the back). Hard to even hold the green with a wedge, some putts have more break than it appears.

St. Andrews #2 - the left pin is relatively fair (even though the proper landing area is about 2 yds long from the championship tees), but the back pin is ridiculous. Land a long iron short, and it will careen away off the hill. Too short, and you're looking at double bogey from those mounds. Too long, and you need to chip back downhill.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:08 PM

neildiamond11790:
    Not going for what I think are the hardest, but ones that just piss me off thinking birdie a given and walk away with par.

LOL...all in a class of their own...9 beads moving right, rather fast; 6 beads moving left, about medium speed with 2 beads in the middle...one moving slow to the right, the  other moving at light speed to the left. 40% light blue, 45% light orange and 15% blue, black and magenta.

• eivets
    433 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:18 PM

Easy on the koolaid SP, I think your seeing colors.Seeing "trails" is the next step in your trip so no vapor balls for You!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:59 PM

SweetiePie:
    15% blue, black and magenta.

Sounds like a bruise to me...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:03 PM

Doublemochaman:

SweetiePie:
    15% blue, black and magenta.

Sounds like a bruise to me...

I try my best to never bruise good alcohol

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:09 PM

I just read that a bruised drink is only a cosmetic thing. The introduction of ice chips and air makes the drink cloudy, it shouldn't take away from the taste. If it is a mixed drink it is irrelevant. I guess its just something that liquor snobs say to make themselves sound knowledgeable.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 6:01 PM

Kiawah has many stinkers if you put the ball on the wrong side of the hole. 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 13 & 17 all have their places where a 6 foot putt can be very difficult indeed. Bethpage is the same with 5, 10, 11, 15 & 18. Oak has too many to mention, lol. St Andrews has 2, 11, when the pin is at the front and 17.

RSS