Forums

Help › Forums

I am guilty of sandbagging

Mon, May 19 2014 11:06 AM (27 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 10:21 PM

For the last week , and so close to what I wanted here in WGT land , and now close to TL, the time involve,  the frustrations  ,the long road I choose to get here    I am scared ! Will I enjoy this game now that it will be more difficult??  ,Heavy wind , champ greens, all the great TL I will  play with( and feel like an  Amateur for a while :)  )  . I could make the jump in the weekly with no wind but ,today for the second time this week , I was doing good on St An    -6 after 7holes on the back 9,  then the 17th hole came up  ,back pin placement on it,  so I started to think should I  make par here,  and  on the 18 th    birdy or par I would  still  post a  30 score ,but my brain got scared and  I played distracted  the last two holes  ,and scored a 31 ........  And I was not disappointed  ,   so I am dragging my feet  ,,,,,sandbagging somehow ....... Funny  the expression    careful for what you wish    makes  me smile .    This is like going to confession  on line in WGT land to   the friends I have made here ....... Now that I have confessed   to you  ,and  have   made   my mea culpa . I will be joining   those who have had the patience ,the passion and the will to get the best out of a game that becomes more then that for some of us .......   so  give me a week  and I will be called a TL,   I will act  like one    , and be an open book    like I have been for the last 3 years ...........  I will like always reed this  in the morning and say to myself  what where you drinking or to many candles again ,,,,,to late now its sent to the forums                        Francois (Frapp)  

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 10:53 PM

I beg to differ.

Real sandbaggers aren't scared, they seek their profit from avoiding to play to their skills. I'd rather compare you to a realworld Pro player coming to the top of a tournament for the first time. How many do falter because they are losing their nerves on Sunday? Take Spieth in the recent Masters as a possible example.

And, your 31 most certainly will have counted to your average - a sandbagger would have avoided this with 8s on 17 AND 18. Most important, a sandbagger would not talk about it!

Thus you are not a sandbagger, you stay the honest online golfer that you have always been.

All the best for you, and Go For It!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 10:56 PM
    There's nothing to be scared of at TL. It's only faster green speeds. If a scatty non-dinger like me can do ok then I'm sure that a good player like you will cope easily.
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 5:58 AM

courteneyfish:
    There's nothing to be scared of at TL. It's only faster green speeds.

Yep, and if you are playing Alt/shots with TL's you already have seen the greens.  

GO on Frap, get that title and wear it proudly.  ;-)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 6:34 AM

Only .02 away, my friend...congratulations in advance and bon chance!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 7:58 AM

Jump François!! Jump!

I'll be right behind you mon ami.  Very soon.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 8:03 AM

Gawd, with the state of tourney greens these days you should be jumping as far as you can.... lol

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 9:02 AM

Thanks  every one , I will jump and I will be proud , just worry that I will lose some passion for this game once I get there .      

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 9:13 AM

alosso:

I beg to differ.

Real sandbaggers aren't scared, they seek their profit from avoiding to play to their skills. I'd rather compare you to a realworld Pro player coming to the top of a tournament for the first time. How many do falter because they are losing their nerves on Sunday? Take Spieth in the recent Masters as a possible example.

And, your 31 most certainly will have counted to your average - a sandbagger would have avoided this with 8s on 17 AND 18. Most important, a sandbagger would not talk about it!

Thus you are not a sandbagger, you stay the honest online golfer that you have always been.

All the best for you, and Go For It!

That is a beautiful reply Alosso and very true

Francois, I understand what you are saying, but you are perhaps misunderstanding the term sandbagging.

You epitomise the true meaning of golf and I'm proud and honoured to know you.

When YOU are ready, then YOU will make that score that sends you to a very well deserved new tier. And I will be right at the front of the very long queue congratulating you on your wonderful achievement.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 10:36 AM

Sanbagger and Conscience is in opposite spectrum

RSS