Forums

Help › Forums

Fakes

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 24 2014 1:14 PM (31 replies)
  • anfield9iron
    3 Posts
    Sat, May 10 2014 5:40 PM

Hi I don't post I just usually read,and this kind of thing has been expressed before.However I am sick and tired of players on here who turn out to be fake,they offer friendship,chat,and game play but after a while the veil wears thin and you see right through them.Is it the same for men as us women? I used to post my picture but have ceased to do so now as it seems to attract more.I'm not sure if WGT can do anything about i,I just wanted some feedback from others who have suffered from it and any ideas about spotting them a bit sooner before I get sucked in.I dont think of myself as naive,maybe I am though,its putting me off playing I have not had a game for a while now.Hope I not bored you with this familiar post just wanted get it off my chest .Thanks for reading.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, May 11 2014 3:22 PM

Between one or more million players, there certainly are the unwanted ones who fail to respect their opponents nor the nature of the game nor a human behaviour codex. Some hide in anonymity, some fail to see the person behind the avatar, some are just hormone-driven or greedy (no claim to be complete).

Anyway, I assume that these are a minority, and most people around should be friendly, seeking company in a wonderful online game.

Turn away from inconvenient company, look for nice friends and a Country Club - it's big fun!

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, May 11 2014 4:16 PM

I never look for cybersex here

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 12:20 PM

anfield9iron:

Hi I don't post I just usually read,and this kind of thing has been expressed before.However I am sick and tired of players on here who turn out to be fake,they offer friendship,chat,and game play but after a while the veil wears thin and you see right through them.Is it the same for men as us women?

Wow! Just like real life.

My profile photo is a golf club.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 1:07 PM

ApexPC:
    My profile photo is a golf club.

And to think I actually thought you were a golf club!

As for the OP, good advice offered by Alosso - find a good CC and half the battle is won.

This is the internet and as such, you will find a huge cross section of society, some good, some average and some total low life.

For me there are two types of player - the gamers and the golfers.

The latter in my view is where you have a bond, they are less likely to have ulterior motives and less likely to quit.

This is a great game and IMHO, is made by the online friendships we make.

As Alex says, he is not here to cybersex - just like 99.9% of the other players. Why on earth someone would chose a golf site to do so is beyond me.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 1:15 PM

thought you wanted to stroke TL's, oh sorry play!!

alexk345:

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 5:39 PM

andwhy67:

alexk345:

+1 lmfao

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 5:49 PM

andwhy67:

alexk345:

LMAO!!! Classic Andy.  

Well played!!

• KEHYLAR
    551 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 11:05 PM

A flea bitten old mutt sat in front of a computer screen, his paws on the keyboard. He wrote, "Sure, I'm a pure bred Great Dane. You are a French Poodle, aren't you?".

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 2:11 PM

Hi, anfield...

anfield9iron:
    I am sick and tired of players on here who turn out to be fake,they offer friendship,chat,and game play but after a while the veil wears thin and you see right through them.

Sorry, but I'm not clear on exactly what is "wearing you thin".  Rude comments on a selfie pic?...Your play?

Either one is as others have said...there are always going to be a certain number of adolescent individuals that hide in anonymity and feel it quite acceptable to spout abusive or derogatory remarks, male to female and female to male.

Example:  I accepted a random play with two other players, one female.  Evidently, she looked at my stat page before teeing off the very first hole and immediately accused me of being a "reincarnated" legend based on my membership date and HC.  I tried to explain but was called a "liar" and she disconnected when I made a birdie putt on the 1st hole.

Example:  Same starting situation as above (random, two players, 1 female).  Her game with 45 second timer.  First hole I use approx. 25 seconds to do my first putt.  She blurts out, "If you're going to take that long to play, you're wasting my time" and promptly disconnected.

What can you do?  Put it behind you and enjoy the game.

RSS