Forums

Help › Forums

What do you think about these update ideas?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 16 2014 9:37 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DNelson3
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 5:59 AM

Hey WGT!! I have been thinking of some updates that I think would be fairly easy and a lot of players would love!

1st. I would like to suggest in ALTERNATE SOT play, I know we have the concede option while putting, since most people I play with have a 2ft and closer rule, maybe we could have a option on the set up screen for concede ranging from no concede-3ft and the various ranges in between. This way we don't slow up game time from players not paying attention.. I am just a s guilty of this as anyone.. Any thoughts on this?

2nd. Now I think this would be totally awesome! What if you had a specialty shop so to speak where you could design your own clubs, balls etc... And charge accordingly and also I'm not saying you can make a mega club or anything like that but for balls for instance, Have it to where you can create your own ball style, leaving durability the same as every other ball, but you can adjust everything else, since these attributes vary and all ball types, you can add and style vapor trail, for a fee of course, various colors, stamps or what have you. I think this would totally awesome! And good for everyone involved.. Any thoughts on this one?

What do you guys think? any other ideas?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 11:13 AM

Why do members think all their ideas would be "easy" to implement?

• DNelson3
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 12:41 PM

Why do dogs sit when they pee?

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 2:25 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Why do members think all their ideas would be "easy" to implement?

I agree to this but only regarding personal preferences.  It would be impossible to accommodate them all nor would all appreciate/want/need them.

However, I've always felt that if a suggestion to WGT is for the benefit of all then it should be explored. 

One I've asked for is to have the elevation to all greens shown at all times, not just as it's your turn.  The benefits are obvious.  Why WGT can't/won't do this is beyond me...but worse is why they have never done it from the start! 

What possible reason could there be not show it?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 9:30 PM
    DNelson3:

Why do dogs sit when they pee?

They are bitches. :-)
  • suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 10:23 PM

DNelson3:
    you could design your own clubs

Going of WGT prices for there other products. A set of custom clubs be in the range of 350,000 to 500,000 credits they charge you 300,000 for custom golf bag & 500,000 for a custom avatar can`t see the clubs been any cheaper.

DNelson3:
    balls etc

WGT prices somewhere in the 50,000 credits per sleeve, they may give you a discount if you buy 2 or 3 or more lol!!

DNelson3:
    Have it to where you can create your own ball style, leaving durability the same as every other ball, but you can adjust everything else

Wild guess at price well WGT marking team could put any price on that maybe 1 million credits!

DNelson3:
    you can add and style vapor trail, for a fee of course

Nothing is really free WGT motto take as much as they can of the customer.

DNelson3:
    stamps or what have you

Another 20,000 credits they will charge

DNelson3:
    I think this would totally awesome!

I think it would be as well but don`t have 1.5 million credits to buy a set of clubs and a couple of sleeves of balls.

That`s all i got to say about that!!!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, May 13 2014 10:33 PM

spy88:

However, I've always felt that if a suggestion to WGT is for the benefit of all then it should be explored. 

One I've asked for is to have the elevation to all greens shown at all times, not just as it's your turn.  The benefits are obvious.  Why WGT can't/won't do this is beyond me...

We might explore and discuss them, but the company will keep their opinions and plans as business secrets. We've made that painful experience at the end of a long and productive thread starting Jan 2013.

Regarding the elevation, my guess is that they try to avoid any advantage for the next to play. He shall not have more time to prepare his shot than the player before.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 2:43 PM

spy88:

One I've asked for is to have the elevation to all greens shown at all times, not just as it's your turn.  The benefits are obvious.  Why WGT can't/won't do this is beyond me...but worse is why they have never done it from the start! 

What possible reason could there be not show it?

A WGT forum moderator replied to this in another thread.

Basically it's done that way so every player gets the same allotted amount of time to ponder the variables involved with their shot.

Otherwise the first guy to hit gets penalized relative to each succeeding player with the last to hit gaining the most advantage.

Another fly-in-the-ointment is that the elevation from each player's lie to the green can be different.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 3:24 PM

DNelson3:

2nd. Now I think this would be totally awesome! What if you had a specialty shop so to speak where you could design your own clubs, balls etc... And charge accordingly and also I'm not saying you can make a mega club or anything like that but for balls for instance, Have it to where you can create your own ball style, leaving durability the same as every other ball, but you can adjust everything else, since these attributes vary and all ball types, you can add and style vapor trail, for a fee of course, various colors, stamps or what have you. I think this would totally awesome! And good for everyone involved.. Any thoughts on this one?

What do you guys think? any other ideas?

You will never be allowed to ever input any design element back into the game.

Reason? One word - Injection.

Those who know, know what I'm talking about. mmmmmm hmm...

• PAGES
RSS