Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:46 AM

Well folks. It's over. Tonight is more than likely the last game of the series. And if it is I will be selecting the 2 winners for this challenge after the game. And I will also be contacting the two winners to find out what color they would like to receive. But maybe Cliff Lee and company can stay alive to play one more game. They got to go through Tim Lincecum and could prove to be much harder to do. Stay tuned to this thread later tonight to find out the outcome and for my final thoughts on this years playoffs.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:01 AM

I'm almost hoping Cliff Lee can win tonight so the Giants can win it all in their own ballpark in front of their loyal fans.  But that kind of thing can backfire!

And think of the pressure on Cliff Lee... he can't have another bad outing like his last or his value will go down in bunches. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 9:31 AM

Well Bumgarner tossed some great innings, pretty impressive.

I'm not on the "it's over tonight" bandwagon.  I expect Lee to be sharp and keep the Giants from celebrating in Texas.  I'd certainly like it to be over tonight, but I've a feeling there may still be another game in San Francisco.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 10:15 AM

Prolonged rest did to Lee and Lincecum what it did to CC and Hughes. Pitchers need that regular bit and tonight has them both on regular rest. I would expect this game to be what everybody thought Game 1 was going to be.

Heh-my ulterior motive fantasy. Lee pitches a gem but the Rangers lose the WS. Instead of staying all cozy with Texas next year Lee will figure he has a better shot at a ring with NY and signs with them. LOL-hey, ya gotta dream.   :-)

....and not a peep out of you, DMM, or you know where King Felix is going to wind up. ;-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 10:15 AM

MBaggese:

I'm not on the "it's over tonight" bandwagon.  I expect Lee to be sharp and keep the Giants from celebrating in Texas.  I'd certainly like it to be over tonight, but I've a feeling there may still be another game in San Francisco.

And I know why you say that. Its not because you have a feeling that they are going to lose, the Giants that is. Its because you don't want to jinx them by saying "yeah its over". I know. I did the same thing in 08'. I said right before game 5 "well Tampa is a pretty good team this year so I wouldn't count them out yet". But I knew damn well Philly was winning it that night. I just didn't want to jinx them. So its ok MBaggese. We all know what you mean. And don't worry. If it's not over tonight...it will be over in game 6. No doubt.

And your right. Bumgarner did impress me last night. What did he go. Something like 8 scoreless innings of pretty damn good baseball? Yes quite impressive. I am going to be very curious to see if this is going to be a fluke season for them or if they are going to be around for a couple of years. I would think with that pitching they should be around. I would love to see a rivarly start between the Phillies and Giants for the next couple of years and they meet in the NLCS with both teams moving on alternate years. So next year, Phillies go!!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 10:25 AM

Yoda79:

MBaggese:

. I would love to see a rivarly start between the Phillies and Giants for the next couple of years and they meet in the NLCS with both teams moving on alternate years. So next year, Phillies go!!

Ya know, I could live with the Giants going to the World Series every other year!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 6:11 PM

Now this is the pitching matchup we were all expecting to see in game 1. The pitcher that makes the first mistake is probably going to be the one that earns the L. Although I can see this getting turned over to the bullpens. Advantage= San Francisco

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 7:47 PM

Wow!! I'm sorry. But if you can beat Cliff Lee, arugably on of the best pitchers in baseball, twice in one series....then you deserve to win the series. So congratulations to the San Francisco Giants and their fans on a well played series and really a overall great season!!

Now on to the potential winners. I will be placing the names that I listed in a earlier post in my hat here and pulling two names. So give me a few minutes and I will list the names that I put into my hat and of course the winners.

Ok folks here are the three names that are in it for the drawing for a sleeve of GI-SD vapor balls.

AHudd

MBaggese

ThreeSpot

And now here are the winners for my 2010 MLB Challenge:

AHudd -  S.F. Giants vs. N.Y. Yankees - S.F. Giants

MBaggese - S.F. Giants vs. Minn. Twins - S.F. Giants

Congratulations to AHudd and MBaggese on getting 2 out of a possible 3 correct picks. And a congratulations goes out to ThreeSpot as well since he did get 2 out of a possible 3 picks correct. And I would like to say a very big THANK YOU to everybody that entered my contest and also just for those of you that talked a little baseball with me along the way. It was an exciting 2010 MLB playoff season. We saw some great hitting from a few teams. We saw some great defensive plays and we saw alot of GREAT pitching from most of the teams. I think the thing that I will remember most from this years playoffs was Roy Halladay throwing a no-no back on the first day of this years playoffs. Simply amazing. Anyways thank you all once again and I look forward to doing this again next year. In the mean time keep an eye out for my 2010 NFL Challenge as I will be starting that very soon as well. I'm also going to do a Hockey Challenge but that won't happen for awhile. See you all around. And one more time CONGRATULATIONS to the 2010 WORLD CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:39 PM

Thanks for doing this Yoda, it was fun! I know your Phils didn't do it this time, but maybe they'll get'em next year. It the meantime, congrats to all you Giants fans, first championship since moving to SF, and done in style with great pitching and clutch hitting. So break out your party socks SF fans, it's time to go nuts!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 10:06 PM

Your welcome ThreeSpot. I had alot of fun doing this and look forward to doing similar challenge's as well as doing this same one next year.

RSS