Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:52 PM

I loooooove bench racing!

Now, keep in mind the Giants were pretty mediocre in August (when Philly took 2 out of 3), Zito was in the middle of a 10 game no win streak...I think it went higher as well...

Thing is, IF the Giants as Phillies square off, I don't think you'll see Zito, unless it goes into long relief...just my opinion...

I know the Phillies have the best record this month, but I'm pretty sure (will look it up in a bit and edit/add) the Giants pitching staff has the best ERA in the NL this month.

It's gonna be fun, unless we're sitting  there watching Atlanta and Cincy...lol...just my take.

BTW, Atlanta has a good record, and is playing with some incentice since Cox announced this would b his last year, you know the Baves will lay it on the line for him.

Last thing is, between SF, SD and ATL, all have a good shot at the playoffs, and each (individually) has as good a chance of watching them on TV like the rest of us...tight in the NL West and the WC...

Woo Hoo...bring on October!

This link will break down Sept   http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/split/45/league/nl    .but  ERA for Sept...

1.  SF 1.81

2.  Mil 3.00

3.  Phi 3.06

So, ya, I'm still sweet on the Giants pitching ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 1:10 PM

And FOX, in their infinite wisdom, is showing Boston/NY here Saturday-a meaningless nothing game they probably thought would mean something when they scheduled it.

The place to be is by the Bay for the war between the Pads and the Giants. Meanwhile, Atlanta has to win their games and they're in. As it is Lincecum will surely go Sunday on short rest if it comes down to the last game. Good weekend for baseball!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:32 PM

MBaggese:

Well you know what sweetness gets ya don't ya? A mouth full of rotten teeth! lol. And your right San Fran. does have the lowest ERA in the month of September. And overall again San Fran. leads in team ERA but, Philly isn't too far behind. And I hope your not right about  watching Cincinnati and Atlanta play the NLCS. I don't your totally right. I mean unless Philly goes completely to sleep I just don't see them not being there. I really don't. But, I guess we will all find out in due time.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:57 PM

YankeeJim:
    Atlanta has to win their games and they're in.

That's going to be tough. Actually on second thought it may not be as tough as one may think. They play Philadelphia next and we aren't going to be putting our entire regular lineup out there. They are shutting down Roy Halladay till game 1 of the NLDS. Haven't heard about Roy Oswalt or Cole Hamels. I would imagine they would pitch on their regularly scheduled day for about 5 innings or so as they would want to keep them in the swing of things. Blanton they pitched last night for 5 innings, and will continue to do so if his spot comes up again. But I don't think it does. And as for the lineup. Expect to see Jimmy Rollins for about 3 AB's per game to help him find his swing. Now Utley, Howard, Polanco, Victorino, Ibanez, Ruiz and Werth I would imagine you will see any combination of those guys used sparingly over the course of the Atlanta series so as not to get anybody injured but, trying to keep their rythem. The guys you are going to see mostly will be the bench players. For obvious reasons. But if Atlanta isn't on their A game Philly can very easily pull the rug out from underneath the Braves because the Philly bench produced this season. They kept us in this thing when our everyday starters were injured. I'm glad I'm not a manager. Too many make or break decisions.

YankeeJim:
    Good weekend for baseball!

You can say that again. Myself? I will definately be watching my Phillies but, I will be keeping a eye on the West and might even catch a game or two if their on over here. I also have to watch College football and the NFL. Thank god I don't work on the weekend! Ilove this time of the year. NFL is in full swing as is College football. MLB is setting up for the playoffs. And hockey is right around the corner. :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:37 PM

YankeeJim:

And FOX, in their infinite wisdom, is showing Boston/NY here Saturday-a meaningless nothing game they probably thought would mean something when they scheduled it.

The place to be is by the Bay for the war between the Pads and the Giants. Meanwhile, Atlanta has to win their games and they're in. As it is Lincecum will surely go Sunday on short rest if it comes down to the last game. Good weekend for baseball!

I heard Fox will play whomever is in the race?  I know NY and BOS is schudled, but it may be someone else.

I'm going to the SF/SD game on Sunday if the pennant race is still Giants, otherwise I'll kick back at home with a cold one and watch some football!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:42 PM

d

Yoda79:

MBaggese:

Well you know what sweetness gets ya don't ya? A mouth full of rotten teeth! lol. And your right San Fran. does have the lowest ERA in the month of September. And overall again San Fran. leads in team ERA but, Philly isn't too far behind. And I hope your not right about  watching Cincinnati and Atlanta play the NLCS. I don't your totally right. I mean unless Philly goes completely to sleep I just don't see them not being there. I really don't. But, I guess we will all find out in due time.

Lol....I wasn't trying to imply Philly doesn't have great pitching....just wanted to make it known that SF is pretty darn good...tough to get noteriety on the Left Coast.

Heck, everyone knows about uLincecum because of two CY's in a row....but heck, Matt Cain is the real horse of the staff (IMO) and Sanchez is just beyond belief as well...plus, who's leading the leauge in ERA for this month?  The rookie lefthander Bumgarner...after all that, unless you live in the West, noone knows anyone but Lincecum.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:18 PM

im from minnysoda but heres my pick

A.L/  Twinkies

NL/Phillies

twinks will play NYY

philly will play cinci

world series=twins in 7

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:37 PM

Yoda....Idon't know how to contact you thru WGT....hey, any issue sending me an email to

mbaggese@comcast.net  ?

Like to discuss some fun ...rousing with you...all good... :)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:50 PM

axstrat:
    world series=twins in 7

Wow. Interesting. Well....your definately the only person so far that has picked Minnesota coming out of the AL. and winning the whole thing. Anything is possible. I'm not saying Minnesota doesn't have a chance but, it's going to be tough. Espicially if they have to go through New York and Tampa Bay. But anyways thanks for your prediction and good luck to you and your Twins.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:01 PM

Hey "MBaggese". Check your comcast email. :)   And I sent you a friend request. Hope you can hang with the big dogs of poking good fun. Cuz if you can't.......get off the porch!

RSS