Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:16 AM

HAH! The Yankees' chances just improved-they put headcase Burnett in the pen!! Unfortunately they kept Mr. Strikeout Kearns instead of speedster Nunez and Nova has to wait for the ALDS to get in. CC's in for 2 games and so is Petite with Hughes in between.

I love not having to see Cliff Lee twice this year (yet.)   :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:47 AM

YankeeJim:
    (yet.)

Yet is correct. Because even though the Rays should dispose of the Ranngers in 3 or 4 if the Rangers can steal the first game you never know what could happen after that. I'm sure Lee will pitch on short rest. Can't wait to find out.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:06 AM

Question for ya YankeeJim. I don't really follow the Yankee's all that closely. How is Petite performing or going to perform coming off his injury? I can't remember if he has had the chance to pitch since his injury. So was just wondering how he did or how you think he will do realistcally coming off his injury.

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:34 AM

My prediction is Phillies and Rays....Phillies taking it all

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:07 AM

Thanks for the prediction. It has been recorded. And I hope it come's true. 

Alright fellow baseball ball fans. We are coming down to the wire. Only a one hour and a half exactly to get your picks in. In case your not sure and you want to watch any of the games today the time's and who plays can be found in an earlier post I wrote and they all play today on the TBS station.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:44 AM

Yoda79:
    Question for ya YankeeJim. I don't really follow the Yankee's all that closely. How is Petite performing or going to perform coming off his injury? I can't remember if he has had the chance to pitch since his injury. So was just wondering how he did or how you think he will do realistcally coming off his injury.

50-50, Yoda. His 1st start back was vintage Petite. The second one wasn't but then any pitcher will tell you the 2nd start after the DL is the hardest one. He will keep the Yankees in the game but they need more runs for him now than before.

Witness the pitching layout-CC in games 1 and 4, Hughes in 3 and Petite in 2 and the $game 5. That should tell you what they think of him.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:10 AM

YankeeJim:
    Witness the pitching layout-CC in games 1 and 4, Hughes in 3 and Petite in 2 and the $game 5. That should tell you what they think of him.  :-)

Yeah. I guess they are pretty conifident with him. I mean if the unthinkable happens and the Yankees lose game 1 the they would pretty much be putting the season on line with Petite's arm. So I guess we will see. You could really make a case for the Twins as well but I think the Yankees won't have too much trouble disposing of the Twins.

Alright everybody. Less than a half hour before this challenge closes. If your going to make a prediction then, "the time now it is".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:24 AM

Yoda79:
    but I think the Yankees won't have too much trouble disposing of the Twins.

I do.  :(

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:27 AM

Well folks. The time has finally come. And this guy is extremely excited to get the MLB playoffs underway. It's been a long season. It had it's up's and it had it's down's. But if your team is still in it, then this is without a doubt the best time of the year. I would like to thank everybody who participated in my MLB Challenge. Now comes the fun part. Unfourtuantley if your just reading this and you post a prediction after 1:37pm EST on October 6th then, I'm sorry but it will NOT be counted. Those are the rules. Anyways I will post a list of everyone that has made a prediction along with there prediction. Good luck to all and as I'm typing this if your new to this thread then you still do have about 10 minutes to get a prediction in.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:27 AM

YODA's   MLB CHALLENGE

onstrike - S.F. Giants vs. N.Y. Yankees - N.Y. Yankees

eivets - P. Phillies vs. T.B. Rays - P. Phillies

spivey1964 - P. Phillies vs. N.Y. Yankees - P. Phillies

wandasrick - S.F. Giants vs. T.B. Rays - T.B. Rays

gsoup - Cin. Reds vs. T.B. Rays - T.B. Rays

YankeeJim - P. Phillies vs. T.B. Rays - P. Phillies

WGTSky - S.F. Giants vs.T.B. Rays - T.B. Rays

KyRock75 - Cin. Reds vs. T. Rangers - Cin. Reds

BOFFMAN - P. Phillies vs. T.B. Rays - T.B. Rays

TDHARVEY - Cin. Reds vs. T.B. Rays - T.B. Rays

MBaggese - S.F. Giants vs. Minn. Twins - S.F. Giants

axstrat - P. Phillies vs. Minn. Twins - Minn. Twins

Warof1812 - P. Phillies vs. Minn. Twins - P. Phillies

ThreeSpot - S.F. Giants vs. T.B. Rays - S.F. Giants

AHudd - S.F. Giants vs. N.Y. Yankees - S.F. Giants

yakker - P. Phillies vs. T. Rangers - P. Phillies

Beryman - P. Phillies vs. T.B. Rays - P. Phillies

If anybody that has a prediction on here have any objection to what I typed (meaning I put the wrong prediction down) please let me know. I have checked it twice and I do believe I have the correct prediction down for everyone but, I am human and do make mistakes from time to time. Good luck to everybody.

RSS