Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 2:48 PM

Alright everybody. Game 3 is just a little over 1 hour away. I for one look forward to this series being over. Its torture when your team came so close. Oh well. COME ON TEXAS!!!! Lets get into the swing of things.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 4:19 PM

If S.F. beats Texas tonight this baby's just about over.  They might wrap things up in Texas. I feel for the fans... San Francisco will have won all 3 series in the opposition's ballpark.  There's nothing better than a good 'ol fan celebration in the winner's own ballpark.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 5:03 PM

Yeah I know what you mean DMM. But nothing was sweeter when my Phillies won the title back in 08' in Philadelphia. The crowd erupted like I have never heard before. And I was going crazy. The emotion of that win and having them win it in front of their own crowd was something I will never forget. Still brings a tear to my eye when I really sit down and watch it. (I have the entire 08' series and games 4 and 5 of the NLCS on dvd). Anyways I agree with ya. Giants win tonight and it over. But luckily the Rangers have a 3-0 lead!! COME ON TEXAS!!!!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 7:54 PM

Alright!!! 4-2 Rangers win and are within 1 game of tying the series up. Has San Francisco peaked? Boy that would be nice it they did. Would be nice to see them crash back down to reality. I still say they win the series though. Unless this is the start of a Ranger comeback. If Texas ties the series up tomorrow then I won't have a clue as to who is going to win the series. Didn't really watch the game tongiht too much. Too busy watching NCIS and playing this.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:06 PM

Essentially, San Franciosco only needs to win one of three games in Texas.  Then they come home and only need to win one of two.   They are still in the "driver's seat".  Cliff Lee will do much better in his next start.  Lincecum is due for a superb game, but Cain is due to cool off a bit.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 6:38 AM

Yeah I think your right DMM. I would be just as surprised to see the Giants get to Lee as I was when they did it in game 1. Texas really needs him to come out and dominate like he did against New York. But that's still a whole other game away. Because its not really going to matter all that much what he does in game 5. If the Rangers don't win tonight then they are completely screwed because I then wouldn't see San Francisco losing 3 straight.  But if Texas wins tonight and can some how  pull of a win in game 5...then wow! All they would have to do is figure out how to win in San Francisco. Maybe, just maybe they would have enough momentum going into game 6 to end it. Well lets just take a step back and focus in on tonight's game. COME ON TEXAS!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 9:54 AM

Yoda79:
    Yeah I know what you mean DMM. But nothing was sweeter when my Phillies won the title back in 08' in Philadelphia. The crowd erupted like I have never heard before. And I was going crazy. The emotion of that win and having them win it in front of their own crowd was something I will never forget.

Heh, it only took over 10,000 losses, a unique record in MLB. I could see why there was an explosion.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 10:52 AM

LOL. Well thank you very much YankeeJim. Thank you for reminding me. All that means is that we have been around a lot longer than most. Not all but most. Ok.......and that we just completely sucked. Yeah that plays a small part into that record as well. :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:51 PM

Wow, Lewis was last dealing last night.  I don't think he gives up those solo shots if it wasn't for the 4 run lead he had.

Let's see how Bumgarner does tonight, I heard he's the youngest to start a Series game since  Valezuala<sp> in the 80's.

No pressure for a 21YO, huh?

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 1:47 PM

MBaggese:

No pressure for a 21YO, huh?

Yeah...you aint kidding. I couldn't imagine being 21 years old and about to make a start as a pitcher in the World Sereis. I would be so pumped! But after seeing how he performed against the Phillies and the Braves I suspect he will do just fine. Hopefully his first start results in a loss but I guess we will find out in a few hours.

RSS