Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:09 PM

Although the Saint Louis Cardinals aren't going to the playoffs, we still have candidates in the running for the National League CY-Young award, and the MVP.  : )

See ya in the spring 2011!  lol!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:20 PM

Richard4168:
    we still have candidates in the running for the National League CY-Young award, and the MVP.  : )

Yes you still do got the candidate for the MVP but, surely you don't think the CY- Young. You know Roy Halladay has that wrapped up. Now yes uhhh,  Wainwright is it?.........that has had a phenominal season. But Halladay has it in the bag. :) Any prediction from ya?

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:34 PM

Im gonna have to say the dreaded Yankees (with my hometown's own Nick Swisher) and boy i really want to say the Braves( lifelong Braves fans lol) even though they may not make the playoffs and the Phillies and Reds are both better and hell probably the Giants and Padres also. Im gonna hold off on the National League......I will return and edit when i decide.....

Yanks vsTBD

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:37 PM

Fair enough. Take your time and make an educated guess. That's the name of the game. But remember to get it in before the deadline! Thanks for playing.

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:38 PM

Going off the radar on this one with a gut feeling. The Reds out of the NL and the Rangers out of the AL. The Red Legs win in 6 games.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:05 PM

KyRock75:
    Going off the radar

You ain't kiddin about going off the radar! Your done lost at sea with a slim hope of coming back. Lol. But hey always trust your gut, that's what I alway's say. So interesting prediction and it very well may come true. And so far your the only one to pick the Rangers coming out of the A.L. and your the second to pick the Reds coming out of the N.L. and your the only one that has the Reds winning it all. So good for you for going against the grain. Good luck to ya!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 10:57 PM

Alright folks. So far I have 9 predictions. So if your a MLB fan and or you know somebody that is let's keep those predictions coming in and tell your friends about this post. And remember, the prize for a correct prediction is 1 sleeve of GI-SD vapor balls, if your picked. Good luck to everybody that has submitted a prediction and to those that have yet to do so.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 5:50 AM

Rays Win...by beating the Phillies

Because only the Indians can beat the Rays (excluding this year ...lol)

Please donate my balls to WGTSky's Charity.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:54 AM

Oh boy, Lincecum, mid 3's in ERA with a real bad August, Cain...although he's only 12-10??  I think right now...2.95 ERA...the Rookie, Bumgarner....3.05? ERA, and always good for 7 innnings...and Sanchez, another lefty, League opponent BA is around .205 or so....Zito?...welll, ya only need 3 strong for a Series, and the Giants have 4 very  good ones...

I'll hold out on my pick until I see how the Al east plays out...back on Monday!

Dang...was suppose to have Yoda's quote in here from about the 6th posts...re:Giants not having starting picthing depth....

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 10:21 AM

Thanks for the predictions everyone. And good luck to ya. Now as far as you  go "MBaggese":).................                                                                                                                                                            .

MBaggese:
    Dang...was suppose to have Yoda's quote in here from about the 6th posts...re:Giants not having starting picthing depth....

Ok. I'll give. You have ok starting pitching. Maybe even better than ok. Tim Lincecum is with out a doubt your best pitcher. I do give ya that. He's hall of fame material espiecially if he gets a championship or two. But it won't be this year. I will guarentee that if the Giants and the Phillies rumble the Phillies starting pitching will out duel the Giants.

Previous meetings this year.

- 9-3 Phillies Win  : Oswalt- W     Zito- L

- 8-2 Phillies Win  : Blanton- W   Cain- L

- 5-2 Giants Win    : Sanchez- W  Hamels- L

- 5-1 Giants Win    : Sannchez- W  Halladay- L

- 6-2 Giants Win    : Wellemeyer- W  Moyer- L

- 7-6 Phillies Win  : Madson- W  Romo- L

So the head to head matchup is 3-3. Now when these two teams met, they seem to be be pretty evenly matched. But now, if and when they meet the Phillies are a completely different team. They are well known for these last 4 years, including this one, that they are a second half team. The Phillies already have 21 wins in the month of September. And with beating the Nationals last night they clinched the best record in the entire N.L. And they could even end up with the best record in all of baseball. So I hope your starting pitching can put the Phillies bats to sleep and I hope your lineup can destroy Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt, Cole Hamels, and Joe Blanton. Ok, maybe you can beat Joe Blanton but remember he has been on a tear as of late as well. And just throwing this out there but if you remember the 2008 World Series Blanton hit a homerun in game 4. And he crushed it.It was off of Edwin Jackson in the 5th inning. Now I know that has nothing to do with the Giants but, Joe could hit another this postseason. And one last thing. The road to the World Series goes through Philadelphia. And......well........games 1 and 2 will be played at Citizen's Bank Park. :)

But hey you never know. It is very possible that the Giants can go all the way. Anything can happen. I have seen some pretty strange and amazing happenings in all the years I have been watching sports. So good luck to ya and your Giants and remember to get that A.L. pick in before the deadline. Thanks for playing.

RSS