Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 7:14 PM

Funny!...I'm still chuckling!....gonna go check my messages...oh, yes sir, i will accept yuou request!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:44 PM

Alright folks just wanted to let everybody know. Tomorrow October 1st I'm not going to be on here till early evening. Usually I try to check this while I'm working and respond to somebody's prediction as soon as they post it. But tomorrow I'm extremely busy. But fear not. I will get your prediction and record it as soon as I possibly can. And I may even comment on some. So far I have 10 full predictions and 2 incomplete predictions. So lets keep those picks comeing in. And as soon as all the teams clinch I will post them to help anybody out that wants to make a prediction just in case they want to but, may not know a whole lot about baseball. Again have fun and good luck. (make sure you read and understand the rules.....if you don't..... post your question here)

Yoda

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:55 PM

lol yea the twinks are in a bit of a slump at the moment and the yanks always seem to take the wind out of our sail ..but.....

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 9:25 PM

But is correct. Like I have said many times thats why they play the games. So I guess we will just have to wait and see. :)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:54 PM

Hey there folks. Just a little update. Tonight is a big night in baseball. Philadelphia vs. Atlanta and San Diego vs. San Francisco. If San Francisco wins tonight then they clinch the division and are in the playoffs. And if Atlanta wins then they would eliminate San Diego and clinch the last playoff spot. Now there are a couple of other scenarios that could play out these last 3 games of the season but, I don't fell like typing that all out and besides I really don't think that's going to take place. San Diego is just playing to poorly right now to get in and to be honest they don't really desrve to be in playing that poorly. And to think.....the Padres had a 61/2 game lead on the Giants not that long ago. Oh well.....thats baseball.

One last thing......if any of the teams that I talked about above get in tonight I will update a previous post and list the playoff teams as they would stand tonight.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:04 PM

Nothing to update tonight because the Padres won and the Giants and Braves both lost. Maybe tomorrow. Lets keep those picks coming in. Not that many more days left before this contest closes. Good luck.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 5:55 AM

Heh-How about the fact that the Rays can't beat a last place team and the pennant winner in the AL East is going to be by default-who loses the least!  :-D

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:31 PM

Yeah I saw that. The Rays losing to Kansas City on Friday night. LOL. Kansas City! You got to win those games. Plain and simple. Now here on Saturday night they are winning 4-0 in the top of the ninth. So they should win that one. And the Yankees are tied with Boston 1-1. And how abouth the craziness in the N.L. If both the Giants and Braves both lose tomorrow then we are going to have 2 playoff games to see who gets in. So the Giants and the Padres would play one more on Monday with the winner clinching the West and the loser would travel to Atlanta and face the Braves on Tuesday and of course the winner gets the Wild Card spot in the N.L. Who is going to the playoffs and who is going home? That's anybody's guess. I can't believe my Phillies are beating the Braves. I thought for sure the Braves would have at least won one game before now. I mean.......they are fighting for their playoff lives and watching both games they just don't seem like they want it. And the Phillies aren't throwing the entire regular season lineup out there either. They had Kyle Kendrick pitch the first game and Vance Worley pitch the second. Now tomorrow they will have to face Cole Hamel's for the first 2 innings and Roy Oswalt sometime later in the game. So it won't be a easy game for the Braves to win at all. And to think Philadephia has left 24 base runners on base these past 2 games. 17 of those coming earlier in todays game. And they have outscored the Braves 18-5. Good luck to the team's that has to face them in the playoffs. If your one of the ones that has an incomplete prediction then just a friendly reminder that the playoffs are starting very soon. This week I believe. So make sure you complete them before then. Good luck and let's keep those predictions coming in!

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 1:46 PM

Alright folks just days left to get your pick in. I do believe the first playoff game is on Wednesday October 6th. Will update after the San Fran and San Diego game is over. Braves won this afternoon but await the Giants-Padres outcome. Isn't baseball great. So much drama and everything coming down to the 162nd game of the year.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:11 PM

Actually happy Yankees wound up Wild Card. Minny is a better match than Texas and home field doesn't mean anything. Yanks clinching next weekend at the stadium. Oh yeah. :-D

RSS