Forums

Help › Forums

MLB challenge. You could win GI-SD Vapor balls!

Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:46 PM (269 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:07 PM

I will update this list after all the NLDS and ALDS games have been played and the LCS for both leagues is set with people who are still in the running.

• yakker
    7 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 4:27 PM

Holy cow is Roy dealing today or WHAT???

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 5:08 PM

Wow...what a start to the playoffs...Lee had it rockin and Halladay throws a no hitter.

Got to see Halladay a lot when he played for Toronto, when they would come to Cleveland...when you see his stuff live well...you know.

But Lee has a special place for me though.

When Cleveland sent him done to Triple A a while back it look like his career would end soon...but what an amazing case of perseverance...can't help but like the guy.

Now if the Twins can just knock off the Yanks...hhmmm

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:23 PM

NO HITTER

Oh my god. I've been a Phillies fan all my life. (31 now) And aside from Roys perfect game earlier this year I have never witnessed such dominnance. I mean.......wow. As a true die hard Phillies fan I had to wipe the tears from eyes. I feel such........joy?......happiness? I'm still tearing up a little bit when I think about what just happened and when I see the replay on tv. I don't know. I have never felt this way before with the exception of 2008 when Brad Lidge ended the World Series for the Phillies. It couldn't of happened to a better guy. Think about it for a minute. That hasn't happened since Don Larson did it back in 1956 in the World Series and that's it. And another thing. Do you know how close Roy came to a 2nd PERFECT GAME. WOW. What an introduction to the playoffs for Roy. I mean could you imagine throwing a NO-HITTER in your first playoff game. And he was so close to that 2nd perfect game.

I must say there was one thing missing. And for those of you that know the name you will probably agree and some of you just may know the voice but not realize who that is when you here that voice. HARAY KALAS! Man I could here him in my mind calling that game.

Well what a hell of a start for my Phillies. I still can't believe what I just witnessed. There is a very good chance I or we may never see that ever again for the rest of my or our lives.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 9:06 AM

Wow what a day of baseball. First the Rangers win behind the great perfromance of Cliff Lee. Then Roy Halladay perfromed surgery on the Cincinnati Reds. And lastly the New York Yankees came from behind and beat the Minnesota Twins. Not really a surprise about the Yankees-Twins. And not too surprised about the Rangers winning against the Rays because of Cliff Lee. And not really surprised that my Phillies beat the Reds. It's just the way that all these teams won that was exciting and even surprising.

If you would of told me that "Doc" was going to throw a near perfect game or a no-hitter, or hell even a complete 9 inning shutout I would of told ya that on one hand yes it is possible but realistically I don't think that would be the case. I mean, for as long as he has been in the majors and never been to a single playoff game you would think he would of came out with at least a little butterflies in the ol' stomach. But from pitch 1 to pitch 104 he looked crisp and in command. His only flaw was the walk. And really there was one pitch I believe it was when the count was at 1 ball 2 strikes, that he should of got the strikeout call. That was a strike. I'm sittin there hollering at the TV and booing the umpire (yes I'm a true Philly fan, we boo everything and everybody, and have no objections with throwing batteries at your head) because he knew damn well he missed that strike call. But hey lets not focus on the negative. He pitched a great game. One that I will never forget.

Another pitcher was dominant yesterday. And he got overshadowed by Roy's no-no. Cliff Lee. I will always hold Cliff Lee in high regards because he was a key component to our 2009 World Series run. He struckout........10 if I'm not mistaken and walked 0. The Rangers might not of won that game without him. Of course David Price didn't help things either giving up those runs. So leave Price in there and insert a different pitcher for Texas and you probably have a different outcome. Or maybe just a higher scoring game.

And then there was the night cap. The Yankees-Twins. Twins always lose to the Yankees. Twins will jump out to a lead and relenquish it a couple innings later. Minnesota scored on CC. If they could of held on and beat CC. Wow. I would be moving Minnesota to the next round without playing games 2-5. But the pitching in this game wasn't anything like Texas or Philly. CC gave up 4 runs on 5 hits and struckout 5, and Liriano gave up 4 runs on 6 hits and struckout 7. Nobody was really dominate. It came down to the bullpen and as usual Mariano Rivera came up big. Only gave up 1 hit. And for Minnesota, Crain gave up the go ahead 2 run bomb to Teixeira. You can't do that with this team. If you don't jump on them and keep the pressure on and make quality pitches your going to be watching the World Series from the comfy confines of your couch. Guess we will see what happens in game 2.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 11:35 AM

Wow, nothing like tossing a No Hitter to  start the series off!

Dang the Yankees, they must have magic dust in their cleats!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 11:36 AM

Deja vu all over again!   :-D

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:51 PM

YankeeJim:
    Deja vu all over again!   :-D

Perhaps. But hopefully it's deja vu up until the World Series. Then I say leave it in the hands of the starting pitching of both staffs. I'll take my starting rotation over the Yankees anyday. They got us to this point and I gotta believe we can finish it off. I just pray that our offense doesn't let us down. Because you can only go so far with pitching.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:52 PM

Who saw this coming? The Rangers up 2-0. Will recap all 3 games after they are over. Either tonight or tomorrow.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 6:51 AM

Yoda79:
    Question for ya YankeeJim. I don't really follow the Yankee's all that closely. How is Petite performing or going to perform coming off his injury?

Heh-I guess last night answered your question.  :-)

RSS