Forums

Help › Forums

Truth

Thu, Jul 10 2014 4:58 PM (161 replies)
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 6:17 PM

Truth is BRAZIL is bad team and got to semifinal with FIFA ref's help. Its always same every world cup. Without FIFA brazil would not have won many world cup and pele would never considered great player. :)

Thats the truth.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:43 PM

alexk345:
    pele would never considered great player

Kidding, right?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:13 PM

alexk345:
    pele would never considered great player

alexk345:
    Thats the truth.

Ya know Alex,

I don't care much for soccer (now, not when I was young and played it in school)...but even I know who was the trend setter in the sport.

Epic fail on your post dude...just epic.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 9:22 PM

hahaha. All good. How many brazil fans out there ?.  I watched all pele goals and maradona goals. maradona goals were magic. Pele was just more athletic and acrobatic. For me pele is more messi , ronaldo level.

Maradona was doing magic with ball that others should not even compared to maradona. 

Only reason people try to put down maradona was he was arrogant. Well if you are that good , you can be. 

I do not think drugs make you play better. drugs do not improve your skill. 

Anyways for me pele is 3rd best behind maradona. 

if you compare world cup goals or just goals scored , klose and messi were better. 

For me pele was overhyped like messi. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:15 PM

I can't talk soccer stars...but if you were around back in the day, Pele was like Michael Jordan to basket ball.

Sure, now there are many players in the NBA that could (comparatively speaking) out play MJ...but you have to look at the era.

Pele was a man among boys in soccer....how many other soccer aplayers had you heard of (well...sorry...at least here in the US) befor e Pele?

Heck, even I know some of the big names in soccer now,,,but compare it back to when there was no cable, internet, and we had 3 TV stations to watch, and the radio...when Pele was noted as a star,...think about it...he was that good and gained notriety for his actions on the field.

You had to be the best back then to get on TV here in the states, especially for a "non prime time" sport....

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Jul 8 2014 10:46 PM

rhymes with fool.............

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 1:35 AM

Pele vs Maradona

Pele was so good he was the only player ever declared a "Natural Resource" by his country and paid 1 million a year so he would stay in Brazil...that's in the 60's when the best of the best pro athletes in the world were lucky to make over 100k a year...

Pele averaged over a goal a game in his professional career, scored his 1000th goal in 900 games! This is compared to a USA baseball player hitting a home run in every game!

Pele was the most popular athlete in the world, and the most recognized, Ali was 2nd...

Pele was an ambassador for the sport, when he signed to play here in New York it was the beginning of a new era in American soccer...

Maradona was also a great player, amazing skill, I don't dislike him for being arrogant or a drug user, I dislike him because he was a MAJOR drug trafficker and a bad influence on our youth!

In the 50's thru mid 70's St. Louis was the only city in the USA that soccer was popular in, in 25 year stretch a St. L team won every Junior and Senior National Championship except 3 I believe, I played on 2 of them....the NCAA final four for years was 3 schools made up of mostly St.L players, and UCLA with all Mexican players LOL

In those days we could watch a Bundesligue game every Sunday morning, our only glimpse of international soccer was watching Gerd and Dieter Mueller, Breckenbauer, and I remember thinking "Why do they always go backwards with the ball and pass it back and forth endlessly"...the camera angles were terrible, it was always on the ball and you couldn't see what transpired off the ball most of the time.

In 1969 I believe Pele and Santos came to St. Louis on a US tour to promote soccer, the stadium was standing room only, and it was a historic event for St. Louis....all I remember  thinking after watching that game was "Man, ALL THOSE CHAMPIONSHIPS AND WE SUCK AT THIS GAME". In 1972 several of my friends played on the US Olympic team, when they got back they all said it was embarrassing, the scores weren't too bad but we NEVER had the ball more than a few seconds, then we didn't touch it for 5 minutes LOL

Now, thanks to the ground work laid by people like Pele, European club influence with their camps, soccer academies, soccer is huge here on the Amateur level in every city.

Maradona influence can be seen here too on any given day, we call them "Crack Houses"....

another memorable Maradona moment, the handball goal vs England...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccNkksrfls&feature=kp

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 11:35 AM

if you want ambassador look somewhere else. We are talking about soccer skills. maradona was light years  ahead  of pele. Period.

Just watch you tube videos. Every pass he makes is not just effort , its magic. He make people believe and fall for it. Its not just dribbling past people , its magic on every pass.

Messi can dribble past players but that is nothing special. 

Maradona can hit pin point shot on demand at full speed.  

Pele was never exposed to good talent , he was playing with same people again and again you know how to score after a while. Nothing special about pele.

Pele is just media and FIFA creation.

I do not care Maradona is drug user , trafficker or what ever. He was god in football. Period. No one comes close.

RSS