Forums

Help › Forums

Truth

Thu, Jul 10 2014 4:58 PM (161 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 12:49 PM

I see, not 1 fact, just the opinion of a Argentine living in Canada blinded by loyalty to his team, understood...

also have a good idea why him being a drug trafficker wouldn't bother you either...

It doesn't matter, there are at least 20 current or former players who one could argue is/was the best of all time, being on that list should be good enough...you want to see unbelievable goals watch Giorgio Chinaglia's videos...Cruyff one of the most solid players ever, Best, and he played with varying stages of a hangover

Highlight videos are just that, the best plays they made, question is did they defend, did they make the right runs off the ball, how many assists did they have which to me is as good as a goal, lifetime stats, play both ways...Messi gets back after a offensive run, Pele/Maradona didn't

It's not always about the guy who scores, there are goalkeepers who made saves very few could have made, a sense of what would happen and where they needed to be, give them a goal for everyone of those goals the other team didn't get and they would have been household names too...

sorry alex, I'm going to have to go back to ignoring your posts, your too off the wall to be interesting..

Favorite George Best quotes...

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

If I had been born ugly, you would have never heard of Pelé.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol and it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 1:55 PM

Pele is not even as good as messi. Number 1 Maradona Number 2. Messi 

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 2:18 PM

alexk345:
    He was god in football. Period. No one comes close.

If Maradona is or was so great why did never even hear about him until this thread??

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 4:44 PM

You probably never born before 1986

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 5:05 PM

borntobesting:

alexk345:
    He was god in football. Period. No one comes close.

If Maradona is or was so great why did never even hear about him until this thread??

And certainly in those years  Football was not well represented in the sport media in the US.

But Maradona was a  great player, see his goals against England in 1/4 finals  and  against Belgium in 1/2 final in 86 on youtube, incredible magician.

I know this is  also the world cup of  the hand of god against England (Maradona score his  first goal with his hand) but guess nobody is perfect and the referee don't see this

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 5:24 PM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 5:39 PM

alexk345:

You probably never born before 1986

1961 here Alex...

And only two soccers players I have ever heard of...

Pele

(the young kid a few years back ) Freddie Abu?

So, if what you say is "true"...why do I only know the name from the WC...why not in passing?

Yes, if you are a fan of the game...you'll know all the names, stats, body hair count, etc...but if you change the channel on ESPN like I do, when soccer comes on....

Get my drift?

Pele was nationally known looooooong before the internet was a thought, and looooooong before cable became a household thing. 

You mentioned Peles competetion...

How about I mention things that occur now a days...that did not occur in the 60's?

All the weight, nutrition training, etc..

Pele was a natural talent, just like The Babe...

Could you imagine Pele ...say now, if he was born in the 90's,  with what his talent could produce, and had the training, etc, that is offered in today's world?

Imagine a 24 year old Pele that had available todays technology to be he bet you can be...insead of coming up in a poor coutry, probably (don't know for sure) missing a few meals a day here and there.

That is truth.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 5:58 PM

Everyone have different criteria on what makes them great player. For me anyone who can carry the team on his shoulders. Mardona did with national team and napoli. Incredible.

Maradona lifts the team just by sheer presence like michael jordan did for bulls. 

Maradona wanted to have goal record he could have easily , he was interested in developing team by pin poin passing to team mates.

his dribbles are not just basic dribble , he juked people and left them helpless like barry sanders did in football.  That too again and again, 

All you have to do is watch his highlights. 

Pele was better athlete that do not make him great player above maradona. BRAZIL owns fifa and manipulate votes to make maradona to share with pele. It was pathetic by FIFA.

Maradona was 70% voted greatest footballer ever by people.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jul 9 2014 7:58 PM

Pele learned to play with rolled up ball of rags and juggling grapefruits...

when he was here on tour a reporter pulled out a grapefruit trying to be a smarta$$ and Pele smiling the whole time took off his shoes and began juggling it....

Maradona was appointed the coach of the national team for the last world cup on a whim, only to be fired after losing in the quarter finals 4-0 to Germany, how ironic...the fact that he also made the countries President mad by not showing up when invited twice might have had a little to do with it...classy guy....his replacement immediately picked up several players Maradona had cut...hmmm, maybe a little stupid too.

After he was fired  he was asked why he didn't have his players under control instead of running all over the place, his response was "Nobody told me where to play, why should I have to tell them"....sheer genius this man was.

RSS