Help › Forums

Score Average

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 25 2014 12:40 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 9iron28
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jun 14 2014 1:17 PM

Whats wrong with this? I was at master level with a 67.74 score avg.  I bought a new driver and shot a 32 and a 34 in 2 different wgt 9 hole tournys. My score avg dropped to 62.75 and I turned tour master.  I played another wgt 9 hole tourney under the same conditions and never got the ball within 20 ft of the hole.  Every putt was from the worst possible position on the green.  Funny how the ball ended up there EVERYTIME.  Well I shot a blazin 39.  Ihavnt shot a 39 maybe ever. Guess what? Low and behold my scoring avg went to 72.  72!!! Why do people feel like they have to screw you?  What ever happened to a fair deal?  Its all about the money.  THATS IT, NOTHING ELSE!  I enjoy the game and don't mind spending a few dollars but I should get what I pay for, not some computer program to screw me. I don't see how you can gamble when the house fixes the game. There are "credits" bet on games when they are rigged.  Its like gambling craps in Vegas with loaded house dice. I guess i'll spend more money so I can play on a level playing field.  Funny how that works.

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 12:13 AM

Your average score is based on the scores you make within your current tier. So when you tiered up to Tour Master your average score reset itself and then reflects the scores you make as a TM.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 1:19 AM

Don't forget too....  The better you get whilst your average is dropping and moving thru Tiers, the harder the game is to play.

The shots you were doing in the last Tier won't be the same in the new one.

Good Luck

-Roger

• ja111
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 4:55 AM

I've been a master for quite some time now , avg. score  64.25 . so your telling me I have to buy new clubs to get to the next level?

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:22 AM

Indeed, WGT may need to make it even more difficult to score as players tier up.

The 1st day of qualifying for WGT's Virtual US Open Qualifying saw players posting scores under 60 for 18 holes. WGT's cut line score is 57 which is 132 players tied for 89th place.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 11:03 AM
    ja111:

I've been a master for quite some time now , avg. score  64.25 . so your telling me I have to buy new clubs to get to the next level?

You don't have to buy anything but a better driver would probably help your game.
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jun 16 2014 9:53 PM
    pdb1:

All those tiers reset at around 72 a couple rounds after you tier up.

No, they don't. Sorry.
  • PAGES
RSS