Help › Forums

totally wrong wind

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 22 2014 1:00 PM (32 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 22 2014 4:01 PM

patrickmar:

You're very right Mike. knowing your clubs is everything. on my wedges most shots are open face, distance is accurate. it's good to know club max with full forward spin example: 100w is 109yds 80w is 87 yds and 60 is 63. balls play a big key too, these are percentages with Cleveland wedges and nike rzn black balls. anytime you move the spin on the ball you have to adjust your shot because of the way the ball comes off the clubs. as for percentages of power, i use the original meter and that word means something to me every character in the word is what i use to determine yardage for the shot using full or punch.

Yes Pat, I use AV movements for the most part, especially with wedges.

I recall trying a % thing long ago, and it just messed me up-I know some can play with it, but it's not linear.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Jun 22 2014 5:17 PM

I saw the heading of this thread and thought Mike (Baggs) was here!  Oops ... sorry!

Carry on with your discussion!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 22 2014 5:22 PM

LMAO!

Good thing the wind is coming from the west right now...if from the north, you'd be in trouble!!!

• footwedge
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 6:58 AM

This game is so rigged its not funny. What is funny is reading the replies from guys who obviously pour a lot of money into the wgt pockets and they dont realize that they are free from the rigging. I have a 100 examples of absolte BS but this is the 1st time ive posted on it. I'm not at all a conspiracy theorist but open your eyes on this 1people. WGT only objective is to make money, what better way to make money than making your existing equipment inefficient. This comes rigfht after playing in a tournament at Kiawah and birdieing the 1st 3 holes. Then all of a sudden I miss 2 2.5 ft. putts in 2 holes. Might be the first 2.5 ft. putts ive missed. There wasnt much break yet they broke like i dropped them off a table. Had to see it to believe it. Ive been playing online golf way too long to be fooled by this foolishness. BTW  I wont be buying anything else from this site. 

• deedles77
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 8:41 AM

raycin1019:
    (thank you caddy for giving me a 282 yard club on a 240 yd hole)..

the caddy only knows dist not wind or elevation it gives you the right club but its up to you to hit the right shot and spin, a 282 at 85% is 239.7 with a little topspin you mite go 236 and roll in to the pin. if you drop to your 3 wood and hit with backspin i can guarantee you will fly by the pin even if you take a little off and put topspin on you will be off it does not take much to go astray with these types of shots as for the wedges avatar movement is the best way to judge the dist imo

if im 59 yards out i'm hitting my 60 wedge at 95% with a little topspin gives me 58 yards and with the wind  im 1-2 yards from the pin every time..the wind is not going to have much of an effect on the dist from inside 100 yards why would it the ball is in the air for about 1-2 seconds a drive or long iron will move with the wind a lot more...

• deedles77
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 8:46 AM

9ironnewman:
    I have just hit a 70yd shot with a PW 75yds with a 20mp wind behind me because i dont trust wgt and my ball as gone in ditch about 60 yds,

no way player no freakin way you have know idea how to play ive been there and you're lying tell me more was it full bs or no spin or top spin you are lying

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 8:47 AM

Hey Footwedge..........     If your missing 2.5 putts and you have been here since 07 you better see if the club pro is available for some putting tips.   ;-))

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 8:52 AM

footwedge:
    WGT only objective is to make money,

Isn't that what most business'es try to do?

You're also inferring WGT is "making you miss"...why would they want to run you off?

• footwedge
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 8:57 AM

Hey Boomerboy.............   Like I said, dont think ive ever missed them before. I was doing a bit too good for my cheap equipment I guess. Hit a 2.5 footer hard enough u dont even need to adj. direction for break but i do anyway. And like I said..you had to see it to believe it. 

• footwedge
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:00 AM

No MBaggese, not run you off, coerse you into buying new equipment. Thats what businesses try to do..open your eyes!

RSS