Forums

Help › Forums

Finding balls.

Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:17 AM (6 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:36 AM

It'd be cool if once every 300 strokes or so, you found a ball.

You could even make these balls be already worn-down some... maybe 20-80% condition.  (If it would be hard to add in the ability to have more than one ball of the same type with worn condition, then just add this 20-80% condition to the pre-existing partially worn ball, and if it goes past 100%, then add a new ball with the remaining condition.)

If the ball wasn't good enough for your liking (e.g. a ball that normally costs 40 credits/sleeve, inferior to the GI-SD's that you play), you could choose to discard it.

If you liked the ball, though, you could keep it.

Adds to the realism and makes those without credits happy that they found something, which they would actually use since they probably use the standard balls anyways.

This should take all of 30 minutes to program, so it seems like a pretty reasonable addition.

• dickie40
    37 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:11 PM

I think it's a great idea. There must be a few balls out there in the bushes and cattails!

• CoastieJeff
    33 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 5:02 PM

dickie40:

I think it's a great idea. There must be a few balls out there in the bushes and cattails!

A few?? ;)  ;)

• eivets
    433 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:04 PM

You guys must be kidding. A main revenue stream for wgt is the resale of used balls which have been harvested by an army of gremlins.

Mr. wgt then "recharges" these balls with Vem & sells them back to us at a considerable profit.

The only balls left to be found are the wgt unlimited "rock" balls which Mr. wgt will not pay the poor gremlins to harvest, as he has imprisoned in his ivory tower a fellow named Stimplelruskin who can spin straw into an unlimited supply of wgt rocks.

That's why those balls are free.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:55 PM

Yes,

...and after they add that feature, if they could give me the ability swim underwater but a meter that shows that I'm running out of air, so I have to resurface to take another breath, to find balls, they could then add an avatar in a wet suit for me.

Only problem I see is the underwater meter might jump and jerk and I drown, but I'll deal with it for free balls.

TMPC

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 9:01 PM

It would be cool too be able to purchase say 1 dozen used balls...various styles and condition for say 100 credits

• flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 3:17 AM

I was thinking about this last night. I would be a cool bonus within the game. I think WGT could use this to their own cause(and more profit). I use the 10 credit spin balls. If I found a better one which I enjoyed playing, I may well spend the extra credits on that type of ball.

RSS