Help › Forums

Back to standard Balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:07 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mikeprytherch
    1 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:05 AM

I've noticed that when my gi-sd balls are all used up it goes back to the standard crap balls, even though I have some middle balls GI-D balls available.

When I run out of balls it should default to the next "best" call and not the crap starter balls, this is really annoying in the middle of a round

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:55 AM

It has always been thus. You'll just have to make sure you have a few spare balls in your bag of the right type.

• Tsharkmaster
    3 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:35 AM

Why do they pull your ball out of play after so many shots? If you pay for the balls you should be able to use them regardless of how many times you hit them. I don't take my ball out of play on a real game of golf because i hit it 40 times. This should be addressed because it is not right! I know that is how they make thier money but get real WGT. They can make the same or more money off of the clubs you can buy.

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:35 PM

its a great way to make you buy more since you don't want to run out mid round, you have to buy 2 sleeves next time instead of one! quite the marketing setup if you really think about it...

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 1:51 PM

I can see the OPs point but its always been this way, and will always be this way.  Its your choice to check your bag, plus the lobby screen now displays how many balls you have.  At least if it happens in a tournament you won't be DQ'd for playing a different ball, like you would if it happened in real life.

• Teedaawg
    276 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:12 PM

That's right there Neild11790 ....just think of it being the one ball rule in effect...in a tourny you'd be DQ'd if you ran out of the same ball!

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:15 AM
    I don't get why most people don't like starter balls. I use them all the time, and got my firdt eagle with them yeterday. They seem just fine to me.
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:04 AM

They have no spin bfg, and they deviate the most.

• garyk49
    2,330 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:17 AM

bfghd:
    I don't get why most people don't like starter balls. I use them all the time, and got my firdt eagle with them yeterday. They seem just fine to me.

They would be fine for your setup.  All starter clubs.  If you ever buy clubs that have a faster meter speed, you then may find the starter balls aren't that great anymore.

A good example would be.  Buy a dozen of 18-22 dollar balls, versus 4 dollar a dozen balls.  Go to your local course and see how those balls react to your game, IRL.

Different balls offer more distance, slow the meter, spin.  Some can't deal with the faster meter and some can.

As Neil said, at least you don't get DQ'd when it changes.

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:19 AM

neildiamond11790:

They have no spin bfg, and they deviate the most.

And even though they have no feel just like the tour s-d ball the meter seems to be a lot faster with the starters than it does with any of the WGT balls with no feel. Anyone else find this to be true?

• PAGES
RSS