Forums

Help › Forums

Quitter Warnings! what is wgt doing about players who quit and freeze the game.

Sun, Oct 24 2010 8:36 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AniciusBoethius
    31 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 3:49 PM

It is frustrating when a player simply quits but if they have a reason it is just a game... but there are those that make a habit of it and often right in the middle of a great round with other players and they choose to do it during their turn; freezing the game and ending the round.

EDIT: OK NO NAMING NAMES BUT IF YOU ARE A PLAYER LIKE THE

First on my list:

"od#ke#o"  When you see him run!

SURE  WE CAN'T WHINE ABOUT THEM ALL BUT YOU CAN CHECK THEIR PROFILES, LIKE THE ONE I NAMED AND SEE THE COMMENTS OTHER PLAYERS HAVE MADE. CHECK OUT THIS GUY, HE HAS A HISTORY.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:31 PM

Unfortunately you can not do that.  Naming in the forums is against the T.O.S.

I am not saying that I disagree with you......but the only person you are going to get in trouble is yourself.

Happy hitting

• Richard1969
    34 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 5:09 PM
    The most enjoyment I get out of WGT is playing with other people. Unfortunately, 80 - 90% of the time these rounds never finish. Most of the time it is because of quitters, and a good percentage of the time it is loading issues. Understand that many times a player is "disconnected" not by his/her choice. It has happened to me several times and I am sure there are people out there cursing MY name because I "quit" halfway through a round, and I can say with no doubt that I NEVER quit intentionally.
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:50 PM

AniciusBoethius:
    "odeketo"  When you see him run!

AND A CAST OF THOUSANDS, naming names will not work, WGT has no interest

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 6:54 PM

blah blah blah and blah

• AniciusBoethius
    31 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 7:40 PM

Thanks,  I adjusted my post.  I just hate to be part of a group that gets ruined by one of these jerks,

• AniciusBoethius
    31 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 7:52 PM

TextMyPC:

blah blah blah and blah

WOW! THAT WAS ENLIGHTENING.

• itybtyrob
    18 Posts
    Sat, Oct 16 2010 4:49 PM

Keep in mind, some people, like myself, have satellite internet service which is not the most reliable (at times).  I have been guilty of, apparently, dropping out of matches, not because I wanted to, but due to lost internet connection.  I would never just drop out of a match.  Some people are just inconsiderate morons.

itybtyrob

• uncagedwolf
    3 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 10:28 AM

I would like to know when you get to the end of a ranking match. And the player quits why does he get the win when he does not finish the round. I had beat the player by one stroke put he quit before he had to make his last putt and it said he won. I no the WGT wants the money. But they they start giving players the ranking they are by quiting it would be better for those of use who want to play all the way though. Win or lose.

• uncagedwolf
    3 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 10:31 AM

If everyone knows who is quiting it would help by not playing them.

• PAGES
RSS