Forums

Help › Forums

9/11, hard to believe that it's been 13 years already.

Sat, Sep 13 2014 2:35 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 4:22 AM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 4:30 AM

Remember it well.  Walking back to the office, on a perfect blue sky September day in London same as in NY, I was called in to a pub to watch the horror unfold.  Knew a few that never walked out of that, and all very good people.

Yes never forget.

• Paiger
    3,333 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 4:58 AM

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 7:52 AM

I will never forget that day.                  I also  started a Thread   , did not see this one . But I join in memory and prayers. Frapp        I deleted my post  .

• Paiger
    3,333 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 10:33 AM

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 10:55 AM

Besides the obvious I will never forget that day!

The PGA tour was playing in St. Louis for the 1st time in years about 3.5 miles from my house( they haven't been back since) and I had purchased a week long pass 8 months earlier, it was a Tuesday, I made a couple of stops for business, stopped at a store and heard ppl. talking about a plane hitting the WTC, then went to Bellerive C.C. to watch the young Tiger Woods and the rest play practice rounds...

On arriving and walking a half mile, as I was entering the gate thousands were leaving and talking about a 2nd plane, so I found a TV in the Pro shop and couldn't believe what I was seeing...

Grabbed a couple of quick souvenirs and rushed home, the tournament was cancelled and I was in front of the TV for days!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/golf/pga/2001-09-12-amexcancel.htm

Sympathy to all those who lost their lives, and much, MUCH respect to those 1st responders who died in the line of duty!!!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 1:42 PM

It is a day I will never forget - a day that changed me, the industry I used to love and changed not only the US, but the entire world.

13 years later and my eyes well up, and the pain just doesn't subside.

One of my best friends in HK lost most of her colleagues including a very close mutual friend and it felt I lost part of my family and freedom that day.

When I got the news I was nearly back in HKG having flown from SFO - a few hours of utter confusion and conflicting reports.

When I saw the footage everyone was silent and tense, thinking what next.

We have learned a lot, but there is still a lot to learn against a faceless gutless enemy.

fatdan:
    Sympathy to all those who lost their lives, and much, MUCH respect to those 1st responders who died in the line of duty!!!!

+10000000

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 6:29 PM

I have an interesting 9/11 story. A round of golf saved my younger Brother's life. On a daily basis he got off the NY subway at the World Trade Center at 8:45 am on his commute to work near the Twin Towers. On Sept 11 2001 he was asked by his boss to play in a Scramble tourney on Long Island NY. It was the very first time he had ever played golf on a course. Some driving range stuff but never actually out playing. On that day after the first plane struck his wife is out of her mind. She called his office and the receptionist answers the phone and doesn't even know what's happening a few blocks over. His wife asks to speak to my brother and she had to tell his wife he was off playing golf with the boys. He hadn't told his wife he was going to be playing that day or that he wasn't actually going to the office. In the end she hears from him after the round and wants to wring his neck.

Funny thing the game.

fatdan:

^ very much

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 6:58 PM

I remember it like it was yesterday.

The world has not been the same since.

My heart goes out to those that lost loved ones that day.

Let's not forget those that have lost their lives the last 13 years , defending our way of life. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 8:52 PM

alanti:
    It is a day I will never forget

Alan-

Neither will I. My brother-in -law was a pilot for United Airlines on Sept. 11th and it took me 9 hours to get through to my little sister to find out if he was OK. It was terrifying.

I can remember bringing my (now ex) girlfriend's kids outside to the bus stop that morning and then coming back in to watch TV, that's when they started reporting about the first plane and then all of a sudden I watched the second plane hit.....I'll never forget it as long as I live.

It was unreal

alanti:
    One of my best friends in HK lost most of her colleagues including a very close mutual friend and it felt I lost part of my family and freedom that day.

I'm so sorry for you and your friends loss.

MC

• PAGES
RSS