Forums

Help › Forums

9/11, hard to believe that it's been 13 years already.

Sat, Sep 13 2014 2:35 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 8:54 PM

Makes some of us thankful for what little we have. Life being the main thing. So many lives cut tragically short. I only wish we truly knew who was responsible for this so they could be brought to justice in the most in humane and painful way possible. I have no theories, only my own thoughts. I do feel for the families who have had to endure the pain and suffering from the loss of loved ones. The brave men and women who lost their lives doing their jobs to save others. Like so many other things that have happened over the years, we will never know the real truth until Big Brother decides to let us know. Just my 2 cents, please don't turn it into a dollar.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 9:45 PM

renniw52:

Makes some of us thankful for what little we have. Life being the main thing. So many lives cut tragically short. I only wish we truly knew who was responsible for this so they could be brought to justice in the most in humane and painful way possible. I have no theories, only my own thoughts. I do feel for the families who have had to endure the pain and suffering from the loss of loved ones. The brave men and women who lost their lives doing their jobs to save others. Like so many other things that have happened over the years, we will never know the real truth until Big Brother decides to let us know. Just my 2 cents, please don't turn it into a dollar.

I'm not sure I understand, I was under the impression everyone in the world knew that?

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 10:10 PM

Let's keep it in the spirit of those we lost guys !!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 11:53 AM

I agree sigg. The comment was only my personal thoughts. No intentions of hijacking a most important thread. I am an honorably discharged US Vet and as patriotic as any one I know. Did not mean anything otherwise. I remember the day very well and take a few minutes each 9/11 to think of all the unfortunate victims of this tragedy. 

Renni

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 4:24 PM

renniw52:

I am an honorably discharged US Vet and as patriotic as any one I know.

Me too, do we get the whole truth from Big Brother, welllll, when I went to Vietnam I spent all my time in Laos, even though we were never there, and they read our mail to make sure we didn't lie to our family about being there because the President "said" we weren't there...LOL

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 6:57 PM

Let's let this be the post it was intended for FD. We can discuss what we know privately.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, Sep 13 2014 2:35 AM

Hi everyone

I was very young when that terrible event took place, but I was told about it by my dad and watched it on TV. I was filled with complete horror.

I cannot even begin to imagine how brave those firefighters and police officers were who went into the buildings to save as many lives as they could.

I have a best friend from school who moved to live in Sarasota, Florida with her dad, and I was fortunate to go visit her in my gap year. Her dad was very VERY strict and I'll never forget he told both of us, just after I had arrived and my friend and I were getting ready to go out, that if we saw ANYONE in a military uniform, we were to go up to them and politely say "Good afternoon, we need to thank you for your service". It was an honour for us to do that, because as my friend's dad said, it was because of those brave soldiers that we were able to live the privileged lives that we did.

Anyway, there was a post in my CC forum about the 200th anniversary of the writing of your National Anthem, and I posted this as a reply:

"You have a wonderful national anthem.

The last 4 lines always make me feel goosebumpy and sort of weepy and I want to shout and laugh, all at the same time:

"Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

So I think that although there's been major changes in the USA and around the world, a lot of which are horrible, those four lines are what everyone should always carry in their heart."

Although that post doesn't relate directly to the awful 9/11 events, I'd like to think it does in a way, because as long as there is truth and justice in the hearts of good Americans, good will always triumph over evil.

The United States Of America for me will always be a Shining City On A Hill.

That's where and what it deserves to be.

EDIT: This is not meant as a political commentary, but rather as an expression of support for everyone who was affected by that dreadful event. Please don't hijack this thread.

• PAGES
RSS