Help › Forums

open question to legends...........

Thu, Dec 2 2010 10:28 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:05 AM

open question to legends from a master level player average 72

just curious in a regular stroke ranked game do any of you play lower level players if you play regular stroke ranked games at all?

I join games and run across am, pro, pro+ mast and mast tour but never any legends.

Would love to see how you legends play the game.

like said just curious

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:33 AM

I don't honestly remember the last time I played a regular ranked game.  

I am speaking for myself, but I mostly play ready gos and occasionally a blitz here and there and generally do not join random games.  

I have played players in lower tiers in MPC's........

Cheers,

b0gey

• shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:15 PM

I play ranked rounds with anyone from master on up.   I have played with tour pros before but not too often....once they see a legend they decline...not sure if it is because of the green speed or what.  I'll play a round with you..just give me an invite.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:00 PM

Why not look through the WGT player list and invite one to a game?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:35 PM

shortstop:
    I have played with tour pros before but not too often....once they see a legend they decline

Legends bring me luck, bring it on

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:29 PM

shortstop:

I play ranked rounds with anyone from master on up.   I have played with tour pros before but not too often....once they see a legend they decline...not sure if it is because of the green speed or what.  I'll play a round with you..just give me an invite.

ditto

I hope it is JUST the green speed that is the reason they bail when I show up... :/

I've tried joining rounds with random players in tiers lower than Master many times. It gets really crazy watching the canceled spots filled, then vacated - over and over again, sometimes by the same player. After the round starts, I generally try to "gently" remind the ones who've stayed about the tourney-speed greens they'll be faced with.

Hate to have to say it, but in my experience, more often than not, after a few holes, the only "survivors" are Masters+, or staunch lower-tiered players (some who I've met previously) who, like the OP, wish to experience the quicker greens, want to try to "beat the legend", or simply would like to see someone play who is "supposed to" have superior course management skills that they might be able to pick up on and use in their own games.

My advice would be to befriend those who you enjoy sharing a round with, whether they be "Legends", or not. Believe me... I've played some legends who I've chosen NOT to play again. lol

Shoot me an invite anytime you see I'm available... I'll play with anyone willing to finish a round.

• shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 7:52 PM

PugsAce:

shortstop:

ditto

I hope it is JUST the green speed that is the reason they bail when I show up... :/

I've tried joining rounds with random players in tiers lower than Master many times. It gets really crazy watching the canceled spots filled, then vacated - over and over again, sometimes by the same player. After the round starts, I generally try to "gently" remind the ones who've stayed about the tourney-speed greens they'll be faced with.

Hate to have to say it, but in my experience, more often than not, after a few holes, the only "survivors" are Masters+, or staunch lower-tiered players (some who I've met previously) who, like the OP, wish to experience the quicker greens, want to try to "beat the legend", or simply would like to see someone play who is "supposed to" have superior course management skills that they might be able to pick up on and use in their own games.

My advice would be to befriend those who you enjoy sharing a round with, whether they be "Legends", or not. Believe me... I've played some legends who I've chosen NOT to play again. lol

Shoot me an invite anytime you see I'm available... I'll play with anyone willing to finish a round.

ditto...most of the time after three holes the only ones left are legends , tour master and master who are not trying to protect their average...

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:07 AM

Thanks guys will send an invite over the next couple of weeks  thks

what green speeds are legends so i practice a few rds so i wont make complete fool of my self ..lol thks again

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:49 AM
    Tournament - like putting on ice! Sean
  • buckethead054
    12 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:39 AM

bluescouse:
    Tournament - like putting on ice! Sean

with hockey gloves on

• PAGES
RSS