Forums

Help › Forums

World Match Play Cup 2011

Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:43 PM (246 replies)
  • Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 1:56 AM

I'm not at home and can't play/update.... Will give another week to finish 3rd round matches. I'm sorry :(

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:53 AM

Paulmcm and I just finished our match.  It pitted two partners from the English Lakes Invitational against each other, and we each ruled our respective sides. No scorecard since we split over 2 different rounds, Kia F9 and B9.  I came out on fire, I shot a 29 to go 3 up at the turn over Paul.

Paul and I came back today to finish the B9 - I jumped out to a 4up lead with a quick bird on 10, but then Paul went gangbusters, birdieing every remaining hole. I got a few putts to fall and held on for a tight 2 & 1 win for cyl6.

We actually finished the round, with Paul birdieing 11-18 to shoot 28 on the B9.  Even though I was 4up thru 10, I was lucky to hold on.  Awesome playing Paul, great match as always.

C

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:18 AM

Well played C - you were unplayable on the front 9 the other day, and i just couldn't crack you on the back 9 -  that 25ft putt you holed on 13 for a half was the clincher, plus your tee shot on 17 was some shot seeing as i had a gimme for birdie. Best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

Paul

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 9:39 AM

Vill and Neil D, are tied up 1 match each, tiebreaking 3rd match to be played.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2011 9:01 PM

Infinito3010:

Elvin and I played round 3 of the World Cup.  It was a hard fought match coming down to the wire.  At one point I was 2 up on the front nine and Elvin fought back to go AS.   On the back nine, the par 5 Elvin drove his ball in the right rough.  Made an excellent recovery and hit his approach a little long.  I stiff mine to with a yard.  The 17th was halved with pars.  The 18th and made a great approach to land within 1 yard of the hole.  Elvin made a great effort and went long.  I birdie the 18th to win 2up.

Great match Elvin.

Its been awhile since I have played a match in this community tournament.  I do realize that Angel is away at the present time.  However, I am patiently awaiting the outcome between AHudd and Angel's match so I can schedule my next match.   Has this tournament been put on hold?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2011 3:27 PM

It looks like Angel went on permanent siesta.  Checking his score history, he hasn't played in a month. 

Great job with the tourney Angel.  If you plan to start up another let me know.  Meanwhile, I'm withdrawing from this tournament.

Shade

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:43 PM

LOL! Not directed at you Angel...^^above^^ tourn. Quiter....LOL! PS: he also starts them and then "Terminates them"...pow.

RSS