Forums

Help › Forums

World Match Play Cup 2011

Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:43 PM (246 replies)
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 7:15 AM

Thanks Steve, it was a really fun match, really enjoyed it. Steve made some great shots - eagle on 4, a close birdie on 5, and was robbed of a few critical putts by the slow green monster. I made a few putts that would've raced by the hole had they not gone in.  I was lucky enough to drain a 17fter at 15 to close it out, 4 and 3.  Thanks for the game Steve, happy holidays everyone.

C

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 8:33 AM

2nd round for Chris and me. We did stroke play due to a mistake. I won 4&3.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 8:56 AM

I feel like I've been run over by a train after that game. Angel started the way I expected, as you can see from the card. I didn't get going until it was all too late and made too many ugly shots. The 8th was a personal disaster for me, a 12 foot putt to win the hole turned into a horrible 3 putt, when I accidently clicked whilst sitting back on my seat, lol. You've got to laugh at your own inadequacies sometimes.

Anyway not that it would have changed the end result, class shows in the end and Angel has too much for my game. Enjoyed it thoroughly though, good luck for the rest of the tournament :^)

• craiger85
    47 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 12:23 PM

geordieles:

Here is the card for rd 2 match Craiger v Geordieles

Craig came out the blocks firing on all cylinders birdies on 1 and 2 to take an immediate 2 hole lead, i managed to sink a good putt on 3 for bird to pull one back,and on 4 put my 2nd shot to 5 feet to make eagle and square the match we both birdied 5 and 6 and this match was becoming a shoot out we halved 7,8,9 to be square at the turn

We halved 10 and 11 and a fine bird on 12 from craig put him 1 up.13,14,15 were halved and i managed to sink a long putt for bird on 16 to yet again square the matchonly to have a brain fart on 17 and try drive the green and ended in bunkers,craig played a fine approach to within a foot to go 1 up again.18 craig put his approach 5 yds pàst the pin,i hit from 139 to 5 feet,craigs put for the match stopped 4 inches short and i made the bird to again square the match.

On to extra holes,we both hit drives down fairway and it was me to play 1st i put my approach to 2 yards craigs went 7 yards past the pin,graigs put looked in all the way and for the life of me dont know how it stayed out it seemed to run the edge of cup and finished behind the hole 2 inches,i managed to sink mine for the win.

Craig quite an extraordinary match bud you were a true gent throughout the match it was a pleasure meeting and playing you thank you .

Match result Geordieles wins 1 up after sd

There are days when you think, man I just kicked away a bunch of holes. And then there's days like today. I think I ended up shooting 63 during regulation, and just could not get away from Les. Actally, neither of us could get much of a lead for the entire match. But, come the last few holes, he stuck the shots in close when the pressure was on and when he absolutely needed it.

Thanks again for the match Les, it was great playing against a fellow Ryder Cupper. You played an awesome match and were a gentleman throughout (even after getting metered on 2). Good luck in the coming rounds!

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 12:54 PM

And the first broadcasted match will take place tomorrow (wednesday 22nd) at 12:30 pm East Time!

The monthly earnings dominator Pricehcs vs. the spanish legend (and Ryder Cup organizer) Seveking!!!!

I will be streaming so you'll be able to see my shot selection and meter...

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 8:07 AM

Link to watch the game!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 11:26 AM

Pricehcs wins 4 and 3. He was in front all the way, although fairly close throughout the front nine, back nine he pulled away.

• Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 3:58 AM

Villadeoro def Fortesque99 5&4

I played ok, but he was unbeatable. When I put one close, he nailed the putt from a long way - scrambled unbelievably well.

Merry Christmas & happy new year to all, and best of luck to Villa's next opponent - you're gonna need it !! lol

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 4:05 AM

Thanks for your words Shane. Was a good day for me i made -9 in first 13 holes. All greens were in one out less hole 14 when Shane missed his birdie put and i only need a par to win match. Shane you play well but sometimes isnt enough, thats all. Was a funny game with a great partner and frined. we will see soon and always a pleasure.

Merry X-Mas to all people and Happy New Year !!!!!

Villa

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 1:17 AM

Elvin and I played round 3 of the World Cup.  It was a hard fought match coming down to the wire.  At one point I was 2 up on the front nine and Elvin fought back to go AS.   On the back nine, the par 5 Elvin drove his ball in the right rough.  Made an excellent recovery and hit his approach a little long.  I stiff mine to with a yard.  The 17th was halved with pars.  The 18th and made a great approach to land within 1 yard of the hole.  Elvin made a great effort and went long.  I birdie the 18th to win 2up.

Great match Elvin.

RSS