Forums

Help › Forums

World Match Play Cup 2011

Tue, Feb 1 2011 5:43 PM (246 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 8:56 AM

Played RD 2 against Lilrob and I caught him on an off day, and he caught me on an on day.  haven't played with him in a while but enjoyed the game.  Do you need the scorecard angel?  I won the match.

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 9:01 AM

I need it if rob doesn't come and writes he lost.

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 10:01 AM

Angeltotti20:

- This is important: You'll have a week to complete each of the first three rounds. 2 weeks for quarterfinals and semifinals and 3 weeks to play the final.

.- If a match is not played before the deadline (hope this is not going to happen) I, as the organizer, will decide who advances to the next round depending on the situation (will probably make a draw unless it's very clear one of the players hasn't shown much interest to play).

1st round is over.... Chrisironsbones and badaboom advance to the second round.

I really hope this is not happening again!

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 10:12 AM

You have until monday 27th at 1 pm east time to post your second round results. it will be played on Oakmont from white tees, moderate wind and slow greens.

You can check 2nd round matches' scores here

Good luck to all!

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 10:41 AM

Thanks Monty for a hard game (like always with a great player) and we will see again soon , dont worry. Sorry for a scorecard but i believe that Angel will trust in Monty and me, ;)

• Fortesque99
    920 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 12:07 PM

Just finished my game against JCOlson, and got up 6&5.

I got away to a flyer, with a long putt drained for birdie, and it seemed i couldn't do much wrong after that. For some reason the slow greens were nice to me, and JC had a couple slide by. He's a great bloke, and i'm sure it'll never be this lop-sided if we were to play again...

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 12:29 PM

neildiamond11790:

Played RD 2 against Lilrob and I caught him on an off day, and he caught me on an on day.  haven't played with him in a while but enjoyed the game.  Do you need the scorecard angel?  I won the match.

Indeed

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 1:20 PM

Here's the card for me and Imcoola. The front 9 was very close, i got 1up 3 times but coola pegged me back each time.

Coola had about a few putts which were hampered by a spikey meter on several holes, which allowed me to grab a lead, then on 15 the meter got him again and instead of 2up i was 3up with 3 to play and i hit a decent tee shot on 16 which was enought to close the match. Thanks for the match Chris.

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 3:24 PM

Here is the card for rd 2 match Craiger v Geordieles

Craig came out the blocks firing on all cylinders birdies on 1 and 2 to take an immediate 2 hole lead, i managed to sink a good putt on 3 for bird to pull one back,and on 4 put my 2nd shot to 5 feet to make eagle and square the match we both birdied 5 and 6 and this match was becoming a shoot out we halved 7,8,9 to be square at the turn

We halved 10 and 11 and a fine bird on 12 from craig put him 1 up.13,14,15 were halved and i managed to sink a long putt for bird on 16 to yet again square the matchonly to have a brain fart on 17 and try drive the green and ended in bunkers,craig played a fine approach to within a foot to go 1 up again.18 craig put his approach 5 yds pàst the pin,i hit from 139 to 5 feet,craigs put for the match stopped 4 inches short and i made the bird to again square the match.

On to extra holes,we both hit drives down fairway and it was me to play 1st i put my approach to 2 yards craigs went 7 yards past the pin,graigs put looked in all the way and for the life of me dont know how it stayed out it seemed to run the edge of cup and finished behind the hole 2 inches,i managed to sink mine for the win.

Craig quite an extraordinary match bud you were a true gent throughout the match it was a pleasure meeting and playing you thank you .

Match result Geordieles wins 1 up after sd

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 7:11 AM

Round 2 for me and cyl. Nice to finally play you Cyl and great match! Well played!

RSS