Forums

Help › Forums

It's a wrap....Christmas 2014

Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:24 PM (73 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 11:20 AM

My post was simply a request, not an order by no means. I am just one of the older players on here who have seen and heard it all. It bothers me when we all can't get along here. I have a small painting job coming up next week and I will personally buy the gift Wayne has requested for another player. It will take me about 2 hrs to earn that amount and will gladly do it if this will stop now.

Renni

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 1:16 PM

*bad humor bomb*

russellfahey:
    We have a saying here in England

no way!!!  - I was positive that was as American as anything ever was - I suppose next I'll hear we lost pizza, democracy, and burritos - come on :)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 1:35 PM

renniw52:
    I will personally buy the gift Wayne has requested for another player. It will take me about 2 hrs to earn that amount and will gladly do it if this will stop now.

Sorry to say, it won't stop anything, nor that body. You may be humbling some wrong ppl but not this loudmouthed nobody.

That said, do as you like!

• jb6000
    1,231 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 3:03 PM

What happen to the big bet ?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 4:39 PM

Sorry that I even commented, I can see it was an effort in futility.

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 7:07 PM

I googled your chosen moniker jb6000 >>>>

http://www.jydendirect.com/mating-and-gestation-crate-jb6000/

It showed me your a gestation crate.

With rear entry and locks and a whole lot more similar traits that you seem to possess.

I was going to try to find an objective point of view but I see you have done your homework and taken that out of the realm of possibilities. 

Well done. Try not tearing down something that is meant to be benevolent. A lot of people did a great thing in here. If you must rant (I understand) make your own thread and those that respond, are fair game.

Pee

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:51 AM

duffer19:

russellfahey:
    We have a saying here in England

no way!!!  - I was positive that was as American as anything ever was

Yeah, I'm sure it came over here from your side of the pond.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 4:49 AM

Things are bad;

I have been around the WGT community for almost 6 yrs and what has become clearly apparent to myself and I'm sure many other veteran community members is that it is the same ones who come into these forums disrespecting, badgering, and childishly trying to humiliate fellow community members no matter what a member might say or respond too. 

When you come into a "Christmas topic" and members in the community are bickering back and forth over such petty thoughts, opinions, and or suggestions then,,,,things are bad. 

It continues on in many other WGT forum topics and threads as well. Most topics now members in the community cant voice a thought or opinion without "the same ones" disrespecting you, badgering you, or childishly trying to humiliate you through pictures and nasty comments. 

A few years back most all of the current topics open would have been locked or at the least moderated 10, 20, in some cases 30 post ago.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 9:21 AM

• HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 10:14 AM

It seems I've survived to the celebrations so far (not an easy task here, with the gargantuan amount of wines & food & gastroenterite & snow driving & family reunion/clash)... So a small reply on the topic:

This event was nice, very nice!

The excitement every days, to know if you have have been, or not, a the choosen one... All the efforts and coordination to gift a maximum of players... That was great! And to say the true, that was a very nice change compared to the habitual tone of the forum (between all the "toxic" threads about bugs, sank balls, or WGT cc tourneys, or cheat, etc.). That made me want to, maybe, post a little more here. ;)

Nothing is perfect, we all know that, and yes there are some issues (the no "thank you" syndrom, for example, and I've been vocal on other things), but all in all it was fantastic.

Thank you to everybody involve! And happy new year!

RSS