Forums

Help › Forums

It's a wrap....Christmas 2014

Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:24 PM (73 replies)
  • HenriChinaski
    94 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 10:15 AM

It seems I've survived to the celebrations so far (not an easy task here, with the gargantuan amount of wines & food & gastroenterite & snow driving & family reunion/clash)... So a small reply on the topic:

This event was nice, very nice!

The excitement every days, to know if you have have been, or not, a the choosen one... All the efforts and coordination to gift a maximum of players... That was great! And to say the true, that was a very nice change compared to the habitual tone of the forum (between all the "toxic" threads about bugs, sank balls, or WGT cc tourneys, or cheat, etc.). That made me want to, maybe, post a little more here. ;)

Nothing is perfect, we all know that, and yes there are some issues (the no "thank you" syndrom, for example, and I've been vocal on other things), but all in all it was fantastic.

Thank you to everybody involve! And happy new year!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 10:22 AM

I can have a bad day as well as any one else. When and if I get out of control I would expect one of my WGT friends to set me straight. I would not retaliate or keep the bickering going. That is what I believe friends are for. It is time for us all to stand up and get these forums on track. The game is not perfect, nothing is (with golf) real or virtual. Each forum topic has a reason, something for us to discuss. If you have a bridge to burn, do it with the individual that you have the issue with. Let's clean up the forums and try to have a completely different 2015. Yes WGT is making a fortune with this game. Look at how many of us play this and have a hoot with people all over the world. So many forum topics have been beat into the ground, either some don't pay attention or don't understand. It took me over a year to get the picture. I whined and moaned and complained. I kept doing the same things and expecting a better result. I still do for the most part and am getting exactly what I deserve. Do I question some of the ridiculous low scores on here, of course I do. I have not figured out the way to achieve these. Don't come on the forums and start another Big C discussion. Post on that persons wall and ask for some tips. There are a myriad of things we can complain about, question, comment, you name it. I feel if we put it in the right context, civil and intelligent we will get things done so much quicker. New players joining WGT need to get proactive, join the forums, ask the better players questions, don't decline an AS game when you are a pro and you see 2 legends and a TL. Say hell yes, maybe I can learn something. If your father was a 3 handicap and he wanted to take you golfing, would you say no because he will probably beat you? Same here people, enjoy the journey, it is far more important than the destination. These are some of my closing thoughts for 2014. I hope I continue to be a fun and enjoyable member in 2015. If not, someone set me straight, Please.

Squirrel Nutz

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 10:41 AM

renniw52:

These are some of my closing thoughts for 2014. I hope I continue to be a fun and enjoyable member in 2015. If not, someone set me straight, Please.

Squirrel Nutz

No need, you're cool as you are bud.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:24 PM

all i keep chuckling about here is what ithurts wrote about googling a name meaning then poking fun about the results..........i kept picturing a glass house with rocks by the hundreds coming at it all at once lol

and from what i've heard around here, there's no way I'm googling duffer any time soon or making a funny about anyone elses lol - just too damned funny to me - had to share

RSS