Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • ty33
    39 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:03 AM

just finished my round with juanmendoza..........   ty33 wins 4&2

Really close match till the 7th, where I chipped in for eagle.

From then on it proved too tough for Juan to overcome a combination of no mistakes by me and the killer yardage difference on Kiawah........   great competitor and wonderful partner to play.     thx Juan

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:49 AM

Round 2 with zant.

I got up early 2up thru 4, zant squares it up by the turn with a great tee shot on 8, and winning 9 with a par when I accidentally hit the green with my 2nd shot and 3 putt.

I win 10 with a birdie, zant wins 11 w/ a bird.  12 was playing into a 14 headwind leaving 97 yards for my 3rd shot, that I luckily hole out for the eagle.  13 zant gets an unfortunate bounce sending him into a nasty spot over the green, I take the hole with a par.  14 once again I get lucky as hell, this time from 98 yards in 30/40 rough holing out another eagle!  15 and 16 are halved for a 3&2 margin.

• zant
    319 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:55 AM

here is 1st half for me and BBImage and video hosting by TinyPic:

Thank you for the great round mate, i gave it my best try,still couldn't catch up with an eagles that usually never come easy for me. Well played man same as usually ,good luck with rest of the tourney . 

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:02 PM

Cyl6 just beat me like a redheaded stepchild. 5 and 4.  It was never really close. Great match and always fun to play with you.  No scorecard because I had connection issues and we had to finish later.  Good luck the rest of the way. Congrats to our two quarter finalists!!

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:06 PM

Our tourney's organizer,JCOlson and I played our Round 2 match today. We had some disconnection issues (so no scorecard) but we got it in. Cyl6 wins 5 and 4. It was a fun match, I had a hot putter and JC just didn't get any medium length putts to fall.

Playing Oakmont, I won #1 with a tough 13fter from behind the hole. JC followed up by wedging a shot in tight to 3ft to win #2 and tie it.

After that, I made birdies at 3-6 with JC making bird at 4 and missing tough ones at 5 and 6 to go 3up. We halved 7-10, then I knocked in a bird to win 11; we matched birds at 12, I drained a 14fter from above the hole at 13 to go 5up and then we halved 14 to end it.

Thanks again for organizing this tournament, and thanks for a great match JC.

C

• Marcus32
    13 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:10 PM

MrDyb and I just finished our round 1 match... I was able to win 1up on the 18th hole... It was a back and forth match with neither of us going up more than 1 hole.  Two unlucky shots in a row on the 18th for MrDyb (1 rim out chip and then a rim out putt) gave me the match.  It stinks that I won that way... It was a pleasure playing against you MrDyb... and I hope to play against you again sometime soon.  MrDyb will be posting the scorecard since I have issues doing it myself.

Marcus

• mrdyb
    710 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 2:11 PM

Here is the scorcard from my match whit Marcus, it was a fun match an Marcus is a great guy to play whit, i fucked up for my self whit the putting, so Marcus deserved the win!! Good luck Marcus in the rest off the tourney!! :)

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2011 4:55 PM

1st Round for KyRock75 & Flocke2308       Flocke started out like a house on fire with 4 birds to take a 1up lead and then 3 putted the 5th hole to gift me back to AS. I made a big breaker on 6 from hole high left to get to 1up and halved holes 7 thru11.  birdied 3 out of the next 4 holes to get the win.  Thanks to Flocke for staying up late to get the match in    I have a feeling he was getting pretty tired toward the end and was not up to his usual game!   

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 9:36 AM

Congrats to Rock and Marcus.  Updated bracket below. Just one match remaining for the first round and I'm told it is partially completed.  2nd round matches are on Oakmont.  Please get them in by the end of next week. Also, PLEASE NOTE,  **LTTrammel is a scratch and when you see his name on the bracket, replace with Marcus32.  This means you Suncity, Marcus 32 is your rnd 2 matchup. Thanks! Good luck!

http://www.i-tourney.com/lite/a203554970/fullscreen

• ty33
    39 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 4:24 PM

RSS