Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • zant
    319 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 12:36 AM

Here is a scorecard for me and Poolmaniac6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic:

Front 9  It was a neck to neck game. As soon as i win a hole Pools fired back.Many birds and very even game from both of us.     I got lucky eagle on #6, and really close approach on #8  that gave me that 1 hole lead on front 9.

As for back 9 we both eagle  #11 doesn't happen very often!!!!Pool had to putt from 16feet and made it look easy.  than it was again neck to neck game were both had chances to change the scorecards in their favor but didn't happen until 17 hole where i got really lucky  birdie putt from 29 feet.

Anyway very intense  round,few mistakes were made by both players, but overall well played round.

Thank you for the game  Pool.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:45 AM

Just won my first round game for gohardgohome... very nice guy! Was fortunate to go 3 up early due to some lucky things and played solidly throughout to protect that lead!

• GoHardGoHome
    965 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 6:46 AM

Just had a very enjoyable hit with Hanswurst72. Was a bit careless early on and he never let me back in. Every time I won a hole he seemed to get it right back or if I stumped my 2nd shot, he'd hit it close and hole the putt. Had an answer to some great shots so a well deserved win to the big H. Good luck for the rest of the tourney everyone

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 7:59 AM

@ Tallacepaul...

M8, I got a situation  here....posted this in your player blog

-------------------------------------------

"Hustle tournament" 

Hey Paul,

I can not invite you to play 'cos I do NOT see you in my friends list. I can NOT send you a p message neither (HATE WTG SILLY FEATURES)...how can we play the match? Thursday is the last day, I'm busy in the day time with my new job, I can only play late nigth CET (I'm in Denmark), Please send me a PM & suggest when to play (after 22.00 CET) before Thursday.

You can not invite me!?, we forget the match.

Regards, Eric

REPEAT...HATE WTG STUPID FEATURES BADLY!!!

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:35 AM

Hi LOL

I have been a little busy this last week so lets get something together this week. How about later tonight, would be good for me. see you later.

TAP

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:49 AM

Thanks Paul.  Hope you two can get the match in.  Also, I have received several other trouble matches and will be following up with each individually.  Will keep you all posted. Please keep me posted as well!

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:49 AM

Played a great R1 match with fellow TCC member Losersss (Joe). Was a really fun match that went down to the last hole and ended with cyl6 winning 1 up.  Great company as always, and it was a very competitive match that featured some clutch putts from Joe and a back and forth B9 at Kiawah. Match recap and scorecard below.

Joe and I birdied the easy holes on the F9 and we matched each other all the way to 8. I got a good bounce on the 8th green to get within tap-in range and Joe's putt from the back just missed, so I went 1up.

On 9, I hit my approach to tap-in distance, but Joe hits a windy 30-fter from the back-middle of the green to keep in 1up after 9.

Then the fun started.

10, Joe hits first to 5 ft and squares the match after I went long.

11, I hit my approach from 241 to 1.5 ft for an eagle to get back to 1up.

12, Joe drains a tough 18 fter from short right and I miss from 10 ft to square it again.

13, Joe plays a perfect approach to 14ft right of the hole and makes it after I miss from 20ft to take a 1up lead.

14 - we both hit our tee shots from 220 to inside 2 ft. Tap-in birdies.

15 - Joe gets left off the tee into the sand and I make birdie to square it.

16 - Joe's punch from 36 yds hits the cup and rims out, we both have tap-in birdies to stay square.

17 - here's where it goes bad, as with a 12 mph left to right wind over the lake, Joe's tee shots finds the water. I make par to go 1up.

18 - we halve with pars.

That one unfortunate shot at 17 decided a roller-coaster match. Thanks for the match Joe, great playing, and some great putting.

C

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:52 AM

Scorecard for myself & Rendogg03.  ... Andy wins it, 3 & 2.

The front 9 was very even.. Andy got metered out of the gate and I jumped to the early lead, just to give it  up on the 4th hole ( just b/c it's Kia #4 ... that hole is gonna put me in my grave). We both missed putts that we shouldn't have ... on 2, on 3, on 5  ..lol.

#7 .. we're both just short of the green. Andy hits his third shot to about 4 feet. I had 22 yrds( usually a perfect half-punch for me) ... for some reason,I thought i'd try to flop it up there ... 10 feet past - not a bad putt, unless you're me today. Andy goes 1UP.

I almost chipped in on # 8 to even it up ... keyword ..almost. Andy just misses his birdie putt .. halved with pars.Two pars on #9, and I felt pretty good being 1DN at the turn.

On the back side, ONE of us still wasn't making the putts that he should have. Somewhere along the way, Andy asked me what it would take for me to get to Legend. My answer was ... quit missing 8-foot putts. Once again, those 7-,8-,9- footers were my undoing.

Andy, you're a class act. It was a real pleasure .... good luck in the next round, buddy!

• Rendogg03
    99 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 12:04 PM

Talk about class act.  Jeff hits his 3 wood and sometimes irons off the tee so that we would have similar distances in on our approaches.  I obviously declined the need to do that early on, but he insisted.  The score may have been very different had he decided to play with his full arsenal.  I know how hard it is to be a TM, especially one as good as Jeff!

Both of us had our "C" games today.  Not many exciting approaches or long bomb putts. It felt like we both shot around 4 or 5 under, so nothing to be very proud of....at best I can say I survived.

Really enjoyed the match though.  The conversation was significantly more interesting then the play :)  I really look forward to playing w Jeff again...maybe in alt shot vs you guys...but this time he gets to use the driver!

Good luck to everyone that advances

Andy

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 12:14 PM

how the F can I turn off notifications to responses to this thread?

RSS