Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • Marcus32
    13 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2011 11:34 PM

Coolswing beat me 1 up thru 18... We were both having the usual WGT meter and PC issues (disconnections and frozen screens).  He went 4 up through hole 6 I believe.  My meter and screen started smoothing out at hole 14 and I was able to climb back in the match until I missed a 5 ft. birdie putt on the 18th hole (I am currently holding my hands to my throat... lol).  Anyway, it was a well played match by Coolswing and I hope we play again soon my friend.  Take care and I hope you keep on going through in this tournament.

Marcus

P.S. JC, please sign me up for the next Hustle tourney... Also, I will be looking into getting a Photobucket account so I can take care of the scorecards.  Coolswing will be handling our matches scorecard.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 5:45 AM

Scorecards for my match vs Marcus32 -

It was an excellent match that went down to the wire and I was lucky to come through with a 1 up win.  Marcus played very well despite having a bad meter for most of the match, and to his credit he made a hell of a come back right at the end and came so close to taking the match to extra hole !

The start was tight with us both halving the first 3 holes with 2 birdies and a par.  I was able to take the lead when Marcus misjudged a tough downhill pitch shot on the par 5 4th hole and carried the momentum by winning the next 2 holes with birdies.  We halved the long par 4 7th hole with par, then a big turn of fortune took place on the next hole where I lipped out with a chip shot and Marcus made a good putt for birdie.  At the 9th hole I was able to extend the lead to 3up again with a birdie putt from the front edge and Marcus missed with his pitch shot.

I started the back 9 well and won the 10th hole with a rare birdie (new pin!) and Marcus was unlucky when he got metered with his approach shot.  We both halved the next hole with birdies then Marcus won the 12th hole with a great approach shot that landed behind the hole and rolled back down the hill to about 6 feet and made the slippery putt for birdie.  On the par 5 13th hole the meter struck Marcus again with his tee off shot and he got VEM with his bunker shot near the hole when it only traveled about 1/2 the distance it's suppose to !  I took the hole with a birdie and increase the lead to 4 up.  At the next hole I got VEM pretty bad when i hit 1 pixel late and ended up 6y off the intended target ! Marcus won the hole with a good tee shot to about 10 ft below the hole and made the birdie putt to begin his come back trail.  We both halved the difficult uphill 15th hole with Marcus making a good save after just missing his birdie attempt and I made a mess out of a short uphill birdie putt after a nice approach shot.  Marcus won the next hole with a very good approach shot to about 4 feet then he made a tee shot to about 10 feet on the par 3 17th and made the tricky putt to cut the lead to just 1 up.  There was a bit of drama on the last hole after Marcus approach shot took a nice bounce and finished about 3y below the hole (old pin) and my approach shot again got VEM and shoot off to the right then took a hard bounce on the edge of the green and ended up near the back of the green !  I managed to lagged the slick putt to about 4 feet below the hole, and at this point I figured we're heading for extra holes but somehow Marcus's putt stayed out (I actually didn't see his putt!) and the match was over ! 

Thanks to Marcus for a great match and he showed plenty of character in the way he   fought back so well and only bad luck prevented the match from going to extra holes ! I really enjoyed the match and the company as Marcus was a great sports and a real gentleman.

• AHudd
    104 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2011 7:52 PM

Not sure why card is flip flopped but ohwell(2 up in the end for myself)....we both brought our C+ games lol...the par 3s were the key for me and he knocked his stiff on 16 and what saved me was making a 8 ft bender on 17 and who knows what would have happend if i had missed...Great playing w/ a good buddy as always and always stinks playing against a fellow Deviant.  

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2011 11:07 AM

Congrats to our first semifinalist Coolswing!  Villadeoro and Rendogg is the only match left that needs to be completed by Monday! Please get that in or I will bring out the quarter to flip.  The rest of you, please get your games in as soon as you can.

Good luck everyone! Updated bracket:

http://www.i-tourney.com/lite/a203554970/fullscreen

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 4:32 PM

Just gloriously lost my match against Bollox 1up by missing a 9ft putt at the 18th... thats what i call a deserved loss =) Well played by him, but he also had his par-streaks that allowed me to come back several times. Guess he was not at his best, but still a very tough opponent. Gl for the rest of the tourney!

Cheers

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:49 AM

Congrats to our 2nd Semifinalist Bollox!  FYI - Villadeoro and Rendogg have assured me their match will be completed on Thursday. If this does not happen I will award a bye.  Thanks!

• ty33
    39 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 11:07 AM

I'm sure that C will put up a post with the scorecard and maybe a little play by play....

Just had to post that C is a true gentleman of the game!  Never have I enjoyed loosing so much (if that's possible).

Just wish my D game didn't pop up at the wrong time.  C was a little off too but definitely was good enough to best me today.

Great playin with ya C.....   cyl6 4up

• Rendogg03
    99 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 11:26 AM

hey guys...just trying to get the match in w Villa so we can move on.  Was out of town for a week so that was my bad...as soon as I reach him we'll play.

Dogg

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 11:31 AM

Thanks Tyler, it was a pleasure to play with you too. Neither one of us was on, but it kept the match close and it was great to play with Ty. We started off well, we both birdied #1, I birdied 2 to get to 1 up, and Tyler hit a beauty inside 5 ft to the back pin at #3 to square it up. We birdied 4.

At #5, Ty had a bad break, as his putt from the fringe was sticky and didn't go far, which lead to a bogey and a 1up lead for me.  His drive on #6 went left, leaving him with a tough 20 fter for birdie which just burned the edge.  We halved 7 and 8 with pars, then I hit a shot iron to #9 for an easy birdie and went 3 up.

On the back 9, Ty got unlucky on 10 as he hit a great shot that just ran a little long to the back left pin. He missed his birdie and a chance to cut the lead. We both birdied 11, then he hit an awesome shot from 184 to the back pin at 12 inside 4 ft to cut my lead to 2up. That was a brilliant shot.

After that he had some bad luck, as he had a ridiculous bender from 10 ft for birdie at 13 that was like 7 in downhill, then he caught the wind on the wrong side on #14 that left him on the wrong tier.  A meter on #15 led to a bunker shot while I was inside 5 ft.  Just some tough breaks.

Thanks for the match Tyler, you were great to play with! Scorecard below.

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 5:13 PM

Sorry to all players for delay but Andy (Rendogg) beat me in a very good game for him (not for me, i lose) Was a pleasure and good luck in next round with my friend Aaron ;)

See you later buddys

RSS