Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 8:29 AM

Signups closed!  Will post the bracket shortly

1. MrDyb
    2. SunshineWilly
    3. JCOlson
    4. BolloxinBruges
    5. JeffDos924
    6. Coolswing
    7. losersss
    8. PGABound67
    9. Cyl6
    10. Villadeoro
    11. nickolijj
    12. Hanswurst72
    13. Dud_doodle
    14. ODaddy68
    15. Dsheavills
    16. TallAcePaul
    17. Stuffix
    18. kam4122
    19. United4Life
    20. Kobalt46
    21. suncity28
    22. Rendogg03
    23. Marcus32
    24. Bartmania
    25. FRIENDofyourWIFE
    26. FreshAirNFun
    27. Mohuyu
    28. LeopoldStotch
    29. ibprime
    30. bogeybuster
    31. zant
    32. MrDonVito

Alternates (be ready...because every tourney, we have had to use at least one)

1. Danohi50
    2. GoHardGoHome
    3. poolmaniac

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 8:40 AM

The bracket is in! Entered this list into i-tourney in order and clicked randomize order, and this is how it shook out.  If you don't  like your draw, the unfortunate fact of the matter is, there are no easy matchups with this field!  This tournament continues to draw the best in WGT!!  Please view bracket below.  Please get your first round matchups in by March 30! Thank you all for playing. Play well, good luck, and have fun...

http://www.i-tourney.com/lite/cce5008e3b/fullscreen

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 8:51 AM

lol looks like this is going to start of difficult and then get easier

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 4:00 PM

Paul and I got our match in earlier today.  Neither of us played very well at all, especially on the front 9.  Shot of the match was his shot on 18, he was 1 down and first to hit his approach from 210.  He landed about 3" left of the cup, bounced almost straight up in the air, then just grazed the lip as it spun back to hang on the right lip.   Thought for sure that was going in.

• TarheelsRule
    5,546 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 4:04 PM

Obviously you weren't too fazed by the shot of the match since he didn't win the hole.  He must have had a lot of spin to stop it on that hole from 210.  I try to land on the ridge and feed down.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 6:54 PM

Well .... first round with Zant is in the books ... Zant wins it 3 & 2, but it sure felt a lot closer than that.

Couple of firsts in this one for me :

1st time I've played with fellow Deviant, Zant  ( super nice guy, btw)

And the first time I've played one of these Hustle tournaments and hit driver off the tee. Sadly, I'm still a new enough legend that the new greens speeds are a bit of a challenge, and that's where the difference really was here. A couple putts just missed by me and at least 4 really clutch putts by Zant gives a pretty predictable outcome.

In the end, though, I'm not that disappointed. I really only hit 1 terrible shot and still felt like I was in this ... right up until Z stiffs his approach on 16 to 1.2 feet ...( inside my 2.5).

Great win, Z .... gl in the next rounds, buddy.

• zant
    319 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 8:50 PM

Thank you Jeff for very good review of our game.Couldn't do it right after our round,big thanks ,truly  don't like posting those scorecards :).

Game was really close on the front 9 ,where i got lucky to drain few putts outside of 10 feet to keep score  between us unchanged. if those putts didn't go in  i could be at least 3 points behind after front 9,but lucky me putter was on my side this evening.

Back 9 well all of us know, that, those 9 can be ether you best friend,or the  beac..y girlfriend!!!

I was lucky enough to drop my approaches close and birdie most of the back 9 holes.Jeff had so many close calls but they just didn't want to fall.

Close game and could go ether way, was my lucky day i guess.

Thanks for the game Jeff,was enjoyable Legend ranked round.

Good luck to all.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 1:23 AM

Thanks BB, as you say rubbish first nine then we both woke up a bit, I missed a 4ft on the 10th to take the lead and made a 5 on 15 to go one down, then we both birdied in so some quality to finish.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 8:26 AM

Big congrats to our early winners! Well earned 2k credits. Thanks for getting in your matches so early.  Updated bracket below. 

Also, fyi - bogeybuster pulled out of the tourny. I've sent messages to all the alternates and mohuyu (his opponent). I will update as soon as someone gets back with me. First to do so will earn his spot.

http://www.i-tourney.com/lite/cce5008e3b/fullscreen

• MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 1:45 PM

Just finished my match with nickolijj. I knew I was in trouble when he started off with an eagle. I fought hard to try and comeback but I think Jared threw my putter in the freezer last night because it was colder than ever. Oh well. gg man!

RSS