Help › Forums

gifting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:32 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 3:16 PM

Personally I find it quite easy just to ignore the message. But hey ho, each to their own..

Have used it once to gift balls to an up-and-coming player who I thought deserved it. Saved me time not having to go through pro-shop etc.

But, as I said, each to their own.

Kelly

• SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 6:51 PM

If you notice i mostly just buy the 10 credit balls when i play - this gifting feature cost me i don't remember the exact amount now but it was over 200 credits - i didn't mind gifting the person who got the balls but i didn't know it was gonna cost me that many credits - teach me to read the fine print - next time make it in LARGE CAPS so people aren't caught in the trap - i feel like a RAT now but yea that gift cost me over 20+  purchases of the normal balls i play.

SK

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 8:28 PM

Priesum:
    Personally I find it quite easy just to ignore the message. But hey ho, each to their own..

I concur, and personally have not made a mistake - but many have (possibly indulged in the vino or gold amber).

In principle I have no grudge except it should have a confirm button before the transaction is final. This was a deliberate omission and will only damage the brand IMO.

As for SilverKNite - look at your account history - will show who you gifted (and in fairness they probably should have sent a thanks out of courtesy).

You could contact CS and request a refund if you want - explain what happened.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2015 4:17 PM

jayw4862:

WGTadmin:
    At this time there is not a way to remove this message from the game.

Maybe put something into the menu/options so players can disable it, similar to wgt lessons tab, HIO challenges, reflections, etc. 

I'll send that suggestion on to our developers for consideration. It was a good idea.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 1:00 AM

WGTadmin:
    I'll send that suggestion on to our developers for consideration. It was a good idea.

Indeed it is a good idea, and having seen that request umpteen times, your developers will be inundated with that good idea. No disrespect to Jay, but if my reply (to Admin) seems patronising, it probably is.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:27 AM

alanti:
    your developers will be inundated with that good idea.

Low class bucket shop trading, no more no less.  High street shop could not get away with it, but the internet is fledgling still and they can so they do.....

Speaking of bucket shop crap when is the next CC Event due I wonder.  Apparently that's now going to be in a form that will appeal to all, not just those hell bent on gifting WGT the most 37 credits a round in a non competitive sport for a virtual gnome tee..................Can't wait.........

• Vinnie111
    196 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:32 AM

100plus:

What a croc - it is designed to catch people off guard and gift, thus increasing sales. It is a despicable low down sales ploy - add a confirm button to at least add some credibility to your "not liking how it currently works".

Atlanti

+2

• PAGES
RSS