Forums

Help › Forums

master tier

Thu, Nov 25 2010 2:39 PM (25 replies)
  • GlennLangley
    253 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 10:35 AM

How do i go back to tour pro as i have just reached master and its ruined my enjoyment of the game 

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:55 PM

It isn't possible to go back in tiers, but once you get used to your new tier your enjoyment will come back.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 2:35 PM

GlennLangley:

How do i go back to tour pro as i have just reached master and its ruined my enjoyment of the game 

Glenn, even though you have been around a while you kind of put yourself in that situation. Not trying to be harsh, rather realistic. Here is what you can do to help out. 

1. Play all the courses rather than just Kiawah and Saint Andrews.  

2. Improve your scrambling and sand percentages will make you a better player. Courses like BP and Oakmont will force you to work on your chipping, pitching and flopping which will improve your game play in general. 

3. Invest in a good putter and driver if you can.

4. Play matches with others, this is a great way to learn from others. Don't quit bad rounds.

5. I hope others post here as well to help you out. There are some amazing players on here that help so many out.

Good luck and I hope your game gets better soon.

• GlennLangley
    253 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:14 PM

thanks but i guess il start over and keep my avridge on a false  score

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 3:55 PM
    Hey GL...as you move up, a complete mastery of the game and the variety and creativity required to gain this mastery will be necessary for your enjoyment of this game. It takes time and desire. I'm not happy either with my game at the Legend level, but I'm not going to say "bye, bye".
  • Chetnut
    7 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:35 PM

So what does it take to qualify for the Master tier.  I'm level 48, with a 72.3 average... what at the requirements to achieve Master and the Tour Master?

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:55 PM

I'd echo what Sgt and SweetiePie have said...but would also suggest that you match all your clubs so that you have the same meter speed for all clubs. Constantly having to try and adjust your swing to a meter with varying speeds is going to make it very difficult to play with any sort of rhythm. Use maybe some GI-S balls, it'll be cheaper using them while you learn the vagaries of the harder courses and greens.

• GlennLangley
    253 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:42 AM

its not just me but my friends on a lower tier do not feel its fair as we play for credits. cheers n e way.

• GlennLangley
    253 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:46 AM

thanks for your reply but the only driver suitable to reach the distance has no other club match on meter speed and i play for credits against my friends who on a lower tier have a huge advantage now.

• GlennLangley
    253 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:48 AM

i have no idea as my brother had the same score and level yet he didn't move strange eh.

RSS