Forums

Help › Forums

Let's Be Honest-Part Deux

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:12 PM (20 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 8:41 AM

This is mainly for upper tier players striving to reach the next level, but let's include every one from hack up. How many of you will start a ranked round and then forfeit it to protect your average? Stop and think, unless you are using the free balls you have removed life from those balls. You lose those xp strokes and any birdie or better you may have had. You are not moving forward, you are backing up as far as being able to get better equipment. I asked this for a personal reason. Yesterday I started 2 different games with an Eagle, 1st game I followed up with a double bogey, 2nd game I followed an Eagle by a triple bogey (4 putt). I record all my games. I will worry about my average and stats at the next level. Last summer my youngest son, son-in-law and a good friend of my son-in-law and I played a beautiful course in Georgia. On hole 4 the friend said he was playing terrible and asked if we could go back to 1 and start over. I asked him what tier he was, on WGT? He did not know what I was referring to. 3 of us teed off on 4 and I sent his young butt packing. Cost him over $200.00 in the lounge waiting for us to finish our round. POINT: Every time you quit it will cost you one way or another. He missed all the fun and my drive landing about a foot from a 10 foot gator. 2nd shot was a little testy.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 10:26 AM

Part Deux - Groovy 

Up to a couple of months ago, I never dumped a round based upon average protection. If I dumped one it was because I was stale, uninterested, unfocused and bored. No fun, no ~SP~. I must believe it greatly depends upon where one is in their wgt life.

I have forever wished that every single solitary game started here was locked until completed -- every round. Once in, you are staying in...forever, until finished and logged.

Lily 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 10:32 AM

Locked? What a brilliant idea. That would sure change some stats on here. And bring total Honesty to the spotlight. This needs to brought to WGT's attention. If you start a game, all stats are recorded, no more padding your average. If you make a bogey or a double bogey it will be on your precious stats Really, do you start over on a real golf course? You shoot a 6 the card should say 6.

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 1:38 PM

I'm not condoning leaving games, but if you tighten up the rules too much on this, or any other game, you may well end up losing customers, and losing customers loses revenue, and that could make the game financially unviable.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 1:56 PM

+1 Scott.

I don't like the idea of being a prisoner to the game.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 2:15 PM

WGT doesn't lose a thing when you quit a game. They still get  closer to more revenue. The only thing that is lost is the integrity of the player (or gamer). I now understand it is just another computer game, not golf in the sense of the word. I apologize to any one who got the wrong drift here. I'll take my old Nutz up a tree and shut up.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 2:19 PM

ScottHope:

I'm not condoning leaving games, but if you tighten up the rules too tightly on this, or any other game, you may well end up losing customers, and losing customers loses revenue, and that could make the game financially unviable.

Oh for sure Scott, at this point in time it would be something most likely fragile and have to be looked at with intelligent consideration. Consider this; pretend that this structure had been installed since day one...your day one, Renni's day one, and so forth, and it had always been the norm. Also consider that loses now are high anyway because the brand new and months old players leave in very high numbers because they enter a tournament as a hack just to see a bunch of sub 30 rounds by re-up multi's and sandbaggers....wgt looses vast amounts of the new because they must compete against the low life old. I at times wish I were running the wgt show. I assure you I would have that place tip-top, neat, clean and tidy, and running like a Singer sewing machine, making money and keeping new & old players happy and in love with wgt. The tired blood staff would get excited and energenic or go the way of all the other driftwood. And I could  do so in less than a month.   ;-}  

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 2:29 PM

SweetiePie:
    The tired blood staff would get excited and energenic

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 2:49 PM

Excuse me Renni, I got carried off topic by some replies.

renniw52:
    How many of you will start a ranked round and then forfeit it to protect your average?

I full-heartedly agree that this is the most naive and unnecessary reason to quit a game. Due to the nonlinear calculation of the average, those "bad" rounds don't have any importance at all. Play them, get the XPs included and forget them. The experience will eventually help you.

Getting on the real courses may be a humilation sometimes, but on the bright side you may recognise "that you needed it" for some reason or the other. And, taking the risk of it, there may be some extraordinary experience, from the environment, from lucky shots or from some great company.

Priceless!

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Feb 5 2015 2:56 PM

I do my best to finish every game and post my score with pride . Every now and then I get the boot ( thank you to my browser AOL dial up ) , but the is few and far between .

OPY

RSS