Forums

Help › Forums

Look Up !!

Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:40 PM (23 replies)
  • carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Mon, Feb 9 2015 3:54 PM

A friend of mine has sent me the following video via emails. She told me how it made her realize how much time she was wasting on the social network ...and it also made me realize & understand more deeply some basic truths that many people seem to have forgotten.

A very enlightening & informative video :)

The goal is for people to become more aware and responsible with the time that they currently do have.

edit : original video is no longer working so here is another that works

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 5:59 PM

not a single reply in 7 days ...hmmm ...i guess people prefer remaining in the dark and/or walk with horse blinders :(

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:32 PM

I saw that video about 3-4 months ago somewhere, and loved it. I used "technology" to send it to many, many "friends" and family who are so guilty of this (staring at their phone, taking pics of the food they are about to eat, posting everywhere they are, were, or are going in the near future (like idiots) and only 2 out of maybe 70 responded. I don't have, nor will I ever have a "smart phone". They have dumbed down society. My cell phone is the same one I had in 2005 (still serves it's purpose). I'm still on the same plan as 2005, since they have that repeat agreement (which they constantly try to get me to change because they no longer offer it ($24.99 monthly - unlimited calling and texts). 

My use of technology goes about as far as this desktop (no laptop, tablet, nook, etc). 

Anyway, that's the most truthful and meaningful video I've ever seen. 

I think I'll send it to the 30 or so friends and family I have left (the others didn't like my adding the "smart phones = dumb people" comment). I guess they couldn't handle the truth.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:39 PM

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 11:32 AM

jayw4862:

They have dumbed down society.

Anyway, that's the most truthful and meaningful video I've ever seen. 

Smiley

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 12:35 PM

You needed an internet video to realise this? Dumbed down indeed.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:13 PM

carolineRobert:
    not a single reply in 7 days ...hmmm

It was actually 6 days, 2 hours and 5 mins.; but who's counting?  

next...

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:42 PM
    Technology races along at such a pace these days it wouldn't surprise me if staring at a screen will be old hat before too long.

I might be wrong but I think head-up displays have started to make an appearance in cars already and so will we all be wearing something similar to Google Glass in years to come?

The thing that does bother me is our reliance on technology to supply us with the answer to all our questions. Will our memories become redundant, so much so that we'll have to ask Google how to get out of bed in the morning?
  • carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 2:37 PM

PaulTon:

You needed an internet video to realise this? Dumbed down indeed.

I already knew ...just not as deeply. You obviously missed the point !

and as for your obvious sarcasm, my reply is --->

CanineSupervisor:

It was actually 6 days, 2 hours and 5 mins.;

this shows why i tend to stay away from the public forum ---> way too many dumb replies and sarcasm.

• jellie68
    54 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 9:57 PM

It doesn't pay to have a point of view Caroline.

As for dumb replies, well, I've been told some of these people are in the very top echelon of society, extremely intelligent individuals. Maybe they just find it difficult to budge the huge chips on their shoulders to engage in conversation initiated from anyone else but their own special clan.

Who knows, I'm way too dumb to work it out. Think I've been staring at a screen for too long :)

RSS